Wendouree trout 19/7

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Wendouree trout 19/7

Post by meppstas » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:47 am

Good report Alex, trip wasn't all wasted mate at least you had a few hits even if it was just the one fish landed.. Just one of those days, on another day they may all have been hook ups.. that's trout fishing isn't it.. ;-)

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

PDXSerric

Post by PDXSerric » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:58 pm

Caught this one from Wendouree on the shore, near Pipers last year. Was weird. Felt a tug, set the hook and.... nothing. Didnt even start to kick until it was just about at the shore. Really hated to damage its slimecoat but in ordert to take the picture I had to set it down because once I realsed the hook I somehow hooked my jumper LOL

At any rate, it swam off after so alls good. Taken on a TT Blade, purple. Getting out into the deep is nice, but if you can't, go out to the spot I mentioned and cast across the channels.

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:21 pm

That's a solid fish mate awesome job,that would nudging 4lb + maybe. Some nice trout reports of late on this forum even though I sense that not everyone is in favor of them due to their stockings over the natives.

PDXSerric

Post by PDXSerric » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Marty.A wrote:That's a solid fish mate awesome job,that would nudging 4lb + maybe. Some nice trout reports of late on this forum even though I sense that not everyone is in favor of them due to their stockings over the natives.

Thanks. Largest trout I've ever caught, actually. And first-ever Brown.

I think you're right, tbh. They just stocked it a month or so ago with a heap of rainbows.... but seeing as I live right across the street from the Lake I really have no excuse to not go and check it out lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:55 pm

PDXSerric wrote:Image

Caught this one from Wendouree on the shore, near Pipers last year. Was weird. Felt a tug, set the hook and.... nothing. Didnt even start to kick until it was just about at the shore. Really hated to damage its slimecoat but in ordert to take the picture I had to set it down because once I realsed the hook I somehow hooked my jumper LOL

At any rate, it swam off after so alls good. Taken on a TT Blade, purple. Getting out into the deep is nice, but if you can't, go out to the spot I mentioned and cast across the channels.
That's a very nice fish mate :thumbsup:

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:25 pm

PDXSerric wrote:
Marty.A wrote:That's a solid fish mate awesome job,that would nudging 4lb + maybe. Some nice trout reports of late on this forum even though I sense that not everyone is in favor of them due to their stockings over the natives.

I think you're right, tbh. They just stocked it a month or so ago with a heap of rainbows.... but seeing as I live right across the street from the Lake I really have no excuse to not go and check it out lol
You are a lucky bastard to be living so close to lake wendouree
:cheers:

PDXSerric

Post by PDXSerric » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:41 am

Nightwish wrote:
PDXSerric wrote:

You are a lucky bastard to be living so close to lake wendouree
Move on down to Ballarat! :-D

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:27 pm

l do live in Ballarat,but l have to hop in my car to get to the lake.
l am just jealous l can't walk across the road to have a fish

Return to “Other Species”