Free carp fishing!

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Mutley and Scruffy

Re: Free carp fishing!

Post by Mutley and Scruffy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:40 pm

davek wrote:I'm with freshfishin on this one Jim, to hard to regulate, cheers davo
Why would it be too hard to regulate? As I said, it would have to be a few designated waters. There are 2 designated waters near Beechworth where Trout cod can be targeted and kept. These waters have bag limits and size restrictions...these would need to be watched over carefully. If there was a suburban carp infested creek where it was allowed to catch carp without a license...what aspect would have to be regulated? Reality is it would be crap waters that are not policed anyway.
gregmaka wrote:If you are targeting carp and carp only no licence would be a great idea. Correct me if i'm wrong but Aborigines don't need to pay for a licence even if they are fishing for trout,in alot of N.t and QLD waters. It should be the same rules for everybody.We are all Australians.
In regards to targeting carp, I assume you are not talking about any water in the state? That wouldn't work. As for your other suggestion...doesn't really worry me if some people legally get away with having to pay for a license.

One major problem with my suggestion is if there are actually any suitable carp infested waters where there are absolutely no beneficial species. The lack of specific suggestions on this thread tells me there are no such waters. I know for sure there are no suitable areas in my local area. It wouldn't concern me one bit if I have to pay for a license and some person 200km's away doesn't because they are fishing in a mud hole. Just my thoughts.
cheers
Jim

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Free carp fishing!

Post by davek » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Mutley and Scruffy wrote:
davek wrote:I'm with freshfishin on this one Jim, to hard to regulate, cheers davo
Why would it be too hard to regulate? As I said, it would have to be a few designated waters. There are 2 designated waters near Beechworth where Trout cod can be targeted and kept. These waters have bag limits and size restrictions...these would need to be watched over carefully. If there was a suburban carp infested creek where it was allowed to catch carp without a license...what aspect would have to be regulated? Reality is it would be crap waters that are not policed anyway.
gregmaka wrote:If you are targeting carp and carp only no licence would be a great idea. Correct me if i'm wrong but Aborigines don't need to pay for a licence even if they are fishing for trout,in alot of N.t and QLD waters. It should be the same rules for everybody.We are all Australians.
In regards to targeting carp, I assume you are not talking about any water in the state? That wouldn't work. As for your other suggestion...doesn't really worry me if some people legally get away with having to pay for a license.

One major problem with my suggestion is if there are actually any suitable carp infested waters where there are absolutely no beneficial species. The lack of specific suggestions on this thread tells me there are no such waters. I know for sure there are no suitable areas in my local area. It wouldn't concern me one bit if I have to pay for a license and some person 200km's away doesn't because they are fishing in a mud hole. Just my thoughts.
cheers
Jim

There was no need to quote me Jim I just wanted to disagree with you :rofl: :rofl: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Other Species”