Bungies Hole - Werribee

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Bungies Hole - Werribee

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:33 pm

4liters wrote:Welcome!

PhaseScope wrote: I know chasing carp is probably the last thing on the to do list for most people
I think you'll get on just fine with Cornacarpio and Big Gav
Hey I just do my bit for the natives ;) carp are great to chase! And easy to find.

Welcome Marcus hope to see a report with a photo of a big gay dirty mud sucker soon! The drag was probably tight enough anyway carp always run! Stopping them before the snag is always something nerve racking! Carp or cod to me anything that buckles my rod is worth fishing for!
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:12 pm

BIG GAV wrote:

PhaseScope wrote: I know chasing carp is probably the last thing on the to do list for most people
Hey I just do my bit for the natives ;) carp are great to chase! And easy to find.

Welcome Marcus hope to see a report with a photo of a big gay dirty mud sucker soon! The drag was probably tight enough anyway carp always run! Stopping them before the snag is always something nerve racking! Carp or cod to me anything that buckles my rod is worth fishing for!
I haven't caught a carp for years! The last one was in the main river which runs through Adelaide as a teenager. I remember catching plenty. It's been that long I can't even remember what bait I used to use lol do you know anywhere locally I could catch one mate?

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:36 pm

Yarra river needs some attention there's more carp there than any other species from dights falls through to past wonga park
Last edited by BIG GAV on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Lightningx wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:

I haven't caught a carp for years! The last one was in the main river which runs through Adelaide as a teenager. I remember catching plenty. It's been that long I can't even remember what bait I used to use lol do you know anywhere locally I could catch one mate?
Locally to where? Most creeks n rivers and lakes have plenty available.

Corn is most popular but I tend to use worms in rivers as it's a more natural food source especially after rain

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Dam sounds like it was a good one mate! Definitely nothing wrong with catching carp Iv caught 100s of them in my early teens in the korite creek its full off them, great fun on light gear and your cleaning up the system as well so good work mate!
Last edited by Buckle&scream on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:44 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:

Corn is most popular but I tend to use worms in rivers as it's a more natural food source especially after rain
I'm about 10 minutes out from he CBD in the South East suburbs :) herring island is just a short drive from my place so the Yarra near my area would be worth a crack?

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:59 am

Lightningx wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:

I'm about 10 minutes out from he CBD in the South East suburbs :) herring island is just a short drive from my place so the Yarra near my area would be worth a crack?
Yeah upstream of dights falls perhaps Yarra bend park.. Herring island is good for bream n apparently a hotspot for yarramundi

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:33 am

:welcome: keep up your Carp fishing, its good practice :cheers:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:41 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:

Yeah upstream of dights falls perhaps Yarra bend park.. Herring island is good for bream n apparently a hotspot for yarramundi
Any kind of worms are ok to use mate?

mcbain

Post by mcbain » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:49 pm

carp are great fun on light gear and they make great bait for shrimp and yabbies :D

Return to “Other Species”