Dandenong Creek - Mulgrave to Noble Park

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Kadmium

Dandenong Creek - Mulgrave to Noble Park

Post by Kadmium » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:15 am

Hey guys,

A mate found a spot near his house. It looks like it's part of Dandenong Creek. The plan is to park up and then walk the creek with a few froffies in hand and fish the creek. Looking to target carp so will take some corn and bread. Never fished a creek before so any tips on what to look for? Will also be my first carp fish. Rig will be a small hook on 6lb fluro leader with a small split shot to weigh it down. Any other tips?

Finnigan

Re: Dandenong Creek - Mulgrave to Noble Park

Post by Finnigan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:16 am

Look for boils in the water, usually its carp sucking on the bottom, cast unweighted bait near it. Goodluck
You know what you'd rather be doinnnn

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:23 am

Good luck unweighted is great for carp watch the line move off lift the rod n set the hook, scrubbies do great to I've never had much luck on bread but corn is very effective! Keen to see the results
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Kadmium

Post by Kadmium » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Yeah will def post results. Plan is to walk like a k up the river and then stopping at any spots that look "fishy". Few beers (he's driving) and a day exploring. Will write up a report after!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:13 pm

The Monash overpass has a hole immediatley downstream of it that is worth investigating.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:47 pm

there are a few holes between the Monash Fwy & Stud Rd. access is easy from Brady rd to walk up or down. any of the holes generally have carp or eels in them. maybe up the fluro to some cheap 10b mono. often fish through there for carp - we use the fillets for gummies.

we use worms/corn or bread - whatever is easy at the time. a bit of fun on light gear!
quid est quod eum

Kadmium

Post by Kadmium » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the info. This is going to sound really dumb but is there any particular way to 'spot' a hole?

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:58 pm

ratbag wrote:there are a few holes between the Monash Fwy & Stud Rd. access is easy from Brady rd to walk up or down. any of the holes generally have carp or eels in them. maybe up the fluro to some cheap 10b mono. often fish through there for carp - we use the fillets for gummies.

we use worms/corn or bread - whatever is easy at the time. a bit of fun on light gear!
I tried here once with Damo but the weather wasn't in our favour n got no results I hear there's a few monsters around there hence why I investigated I will go back once the weather warms up! I still want one of them monsters outta carribean gardens but I hate failing repeatedly
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Return to “Other Species”