trout report

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
safia

Re: trout report

Post by safia » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:29 pm

Well said Ecoronad and Clint.
Generally I don't mind if they can't help it given that I fly fish half the time and people spinning will cover alot more ground in less time, so it happens. It's just the way you conduct yourself that counts (etiquette), leaving a few pools, avoid wet wading when you're over taking, be mindful of your streamcraft and most important just be friendly say hey, it makes a big difference.
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:40 pm

ecoronad wrote:
poodoo wrote:Looks awesome, what is the usual etiquette around this sort of stuff? Should they leap from you on the river?
.......................... Depending on how i'm feeling, If someone did that to me, I will overtake them and give them 100m of river and fish the next best set of riffles/run/pool. Hopefully, they get the hint and will do the same.

If you have been 'leap frogged', this is a good course of action!

Anyone ever considered talking to the other angler approaching or in your path? Two different situations I found myself in at the same location...Rubicon River. There is a spot I fish at times for no more than 20 minutes if I'm on the way elsewhere for a day trip. Arrive one day for a quick session and start fishing right near my car. Was only going to cover about 300 metres before I left. Fly fisherman then comes up to me about 5 minutes later. Asks me if I normally cut in front of people and I told him I didn't see him and apologised. He then apologised to me as he realised then he had been sitting down for a while re-rigging...so I would not have seen him!

Same place another time...I arrive to find a fly fisher upstream about 50 metres. There was no way I could go upstream of him due to a drain so I decided to fish downstream where he had already covered! Not ideal but I couldn't care less and it would not worry him. Then after a short period I find he is fishing downstream! :) So I cut him off! He may have been fishing the odd hole on his way back to his car. When I realised I had cut him off I apologised and explained my upstream assumption and he was fine...he never complained from the start! My point is, it may be worthwhile asking.

Great report also safia!
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:53 pm

great part of the world safia - well done.

if I come across another fisho, I usually drive/walk a lot further up to avoid them. sometimes if they are within earshot, strike up a conversation on how far up they'll fish & work in around their plans. not much fun fishing when someone is just ahead of you.
quid est quod eum

drewb

Post by drewb » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:53 pm

I'm the same. Half the reason I go trout fishing is to get away from people.
If there's someone parked at an access point, I'll keep driving.

Return to “Other Species”