Trout are great to catch ! Unless off course if outside your fishing abilities

I love catching natives also btw

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Trout: Rabbits of the river!

Post by ducky » Wed May 13, 2015 5:51 pm

If 200 fingerling natives happened to make it into a farm dam I don't think you'd be harming anything.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed May 13, 2015 6:51 pm

ducky wrote:If 200 fingerling natives happened to make it into a farm dam I don't think you'd be harming anything.
I m pretty sure your allowed to stock yr own dam with silver perch, yellowbelly ect
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Wed May 13, 2015 7:07 pm

meppstas wrote:.......................... Down here in Tassie we don't have the native species that the mainland has... The only reasonable size native fish is the blackfish, the rest are galaixa's and other small natives and are all protected species (excluding Blackfish) so I'm quite happy that this state has trout in it. I wouldn't mind if they rid the state of trout and introduced Callop, Aust. bass, silver perch and even Murray cod.. Would suit me fine, but it's never going to happen. So I'll stick with the trout fishing.

cheers
Adrian
I can see / understand your fascination with the trout fishing as your reports show how good you are at it. What I find annoying is the occasional fishing show segment I have seen from the great land of Tassie...the disgust when a redfin is captured. The redfin is frowned upon, in a land where the rivers are ruled by another introduced species...just seems like double standards! I am aware too Adrian that you never bag the redfin and just accept what is there.
barra mick wrote:Trout are great to catch ! Unless off course if outside your fishing abilities

.................................................................................................................................

Bm
Read this and had a 'flashback'...local lake 5 years ago...I went 'toe to toe' with a 8 yr old chasing stocked trout...I got owned'! :-D
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Other Species”