Blue rock and Glenmaggie

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
adamk

Re: Blue rock and Glenmaggie

Post by adamk » Sat May 09, 2015 1:35 pm

Jeff67 wrote:Probably the same as PPB 5knot areas, there'll be signs at the ramp so you'll know your doing the wrong thing, plenty of other places to take your boat.

Hoon boating laws
Hoon behaviour is dangerous and may cause someone to get hurt. It can include:
 Performing ‘doughnuts’ within 50m of swimmers or other water users, and
 Speeding more than 5 knots (8kph) within 50m of swimmers or within 200 metres of the shore.
Victoria Police may seize or impound vessels, including PWCs if it is believed they are being or have been used in committing a relevant offence.
should see the police on the yarra at 5:00/5:30am 5 knot zone, exceding that to the point of making bigger swells then the containerships an tugs o_0

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat May 09, 2015 1:39 pm

adamk wrote:
Jeff67 wrote:Probably the same as PPB 5knot areas, there'll be signs at the ramp so you'll know your doing the wrong thing, plenty of other places to take your boat.

Hoon boating laws
Hoon behaviour is dangerous and may cause someone to get hurt. It can include:
 Performing ‘doughnuts’ within 50m of swimmers or other water users, and
 Speeding more than 5 knots (8kph) within 50m of swimmers or within 200 metres of the shore.
Victoria Police may seize or impound vessels, including PWCs if it is believed they are being or have been used in committing a relevant offence.
should see the police on the yarra at 5:00/5:30am 5 knot zone, exceding that to the point of making bigger swells then the containerships an tugs o_0
I'll do 5 knots the day I see the rowers do no more then 5 knots. Those buggers go backwards too. I know of at least 1 kayak angler that has recently been knocked over by them.

I sit on about 8 knots heading up the yarra. It's the sweet spot just before it wants to get on the plane and do 14-15 knots.

Jeff67

Post by Jeff67 » Sat May 09, 2015 3:08 pm

I speed also and have a similar sweet spot but I wouldn't do it if erosion was a problem and certainly not in a lake with new rules involved.

ducky

Post by ducky » Sat May 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Jeff67 wrote:I speed also and have a similar sweet spot but I wouldn't do it if erosion was a problem and certainly not in a lake with new rules involved.

having been to blue rock lake a few times now I can confirm a 20 knot wind would do more damage than a boat on the plane. It can chop up pretty bad in some spots.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Sun May 10, 2015 6:21 pm

ducky wrote: I'll do 5 knots the day I see the rowers do no more then 5 knots. Those buggers go backwards too. I know of at least 1 kayak angler that has recently been knocked over by them.
Yep...that was me.

I was 1.2 mtr from the pylon when the 8 man crew hit me from behind with the oars at 8.30 in the morning. They said it was my fault because I had no lights and I pedaled into their path. I have a witness to prove them wrong, the Water Police are onto it.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Sun May 10, 2015 6:36 pm

greggo wrote:
ducky wrote: I'll do 5 knots the day I see the rowers do no more then 5 knots. Those buggers go backwards too. I know of at least 1 kayak angler that has recently been knocked over by them.
Yep...that was me.

I was 1.2 mtr from the pylon when the 8 man crew hit me from behind with the oars at 8.30 in the morning. They said it was my fault because I had no lights and I pedaled into their path. I have a witness to prove them wrong, the Water Police are onto it.
Just wait on a bridge in their training path and tip a bottle of tuna oil on them next time they go past, and tell them its their fault, you were just berleying up. lol.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun May 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Interested in what you guys with some experience there think about fishing blue rock land based.

Waste of time or in with a chance?
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Sun May 10, 2015 8:14 pm

doug i've tried landbased there thrice in the last few weeks for three reddies and an almighty strike under a fallen tree. didn't hook up to the last but from the colours i saw, i'd say large reddie. plenty of surface action visible from the banks, whether from trout or reddies i dunno. might be better on sunrise or sunset.

spoke to one of the locals there and apparently its been decent from a boat but he reckons the shore bite is better at low light

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Sun May 10, 2015 8:20 pm

DougieK wrote:Interested in what you guys with some experience there think about fishing blue rock land based.

Waste of time or in with a chance?
Hey mate, my previous boss was a die hard freshwater fisho (I am a salty :P) and I fished Blue Rock LB with him one sunday arvo. We got about 25 odd Reddies that day, most were quite small though, however there were a few goodies in the mix, and a chinook salmon (we think, or a VERY silver brown - went about 800gm) wasnt a bad way to spend the day tbh. All fish were on bait, we tried for about 3 hours on lures and got nothing.

ducky

Post by ducky » Sun May 10, 2015 8:21 pm

greggo wrote:
Yep...that was me.

Yeah I knew greggo just didn't want to name you lol. Alex wanted to get a few names together and hit up parks about enforcing the rules against these rowers. They think they own the river.

I'd borrow a yak dougie.

Return to “Other Species”