what rod n reel

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
trebor2122

what rod n reel

Post by trebor2122 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:40 pm

hello fishos planning a trip to the goulburn soon to do some wadeing and spining cant deside on a rod and reel any segestions like something around the 2 to 4 kg line class that can cast light weight lures threde line outfit prefered thanks rob also baid or mono

Rod Bender

Re: what rod n reel

Post by Rod Bender » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:13 pm

I would just use mono around 4 - 6lb. Most people use braid though. Not sure if you are asking for suggestions to purchase a rod / reel or if you are trying to decide what to use of your own gear. If you have light gear use it. A rod around 6 - 7 ft and a 1000 or 2500 sized reel. Lighter the better for casting light lures.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

trebor2122

Post by trebor2122 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 pm

thanks jim was thinking of buying a whole new outfit just for this purpose if braid a graphite rod if mono glass reel is not a prob small 1000 shimmano abu daiwa like that just not sure of a rod about 6.6ft brand or model not so sure as i hate going to tackle shop these day have some pushy sales person try to sell something his boss told him to move a propper tackle shop is ok but i have to go to bcf or buy online so i like to have a good ideir of what i want before i get there cheers

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 am

If you go to the tackle shop for advice, rather than going with a predetermined idea of what you require, just have in mind a budget and tell them that. Stick with your budget and don't let them try and raise it. I think most tackle outlets will be genuine and help you. I'm uncertain of the need to have different types (graphite/glass)of rods for the line being used but I'm not questioning your logic - I just don't know. Everyone will have their favorite brand so it is hard to recommend any.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Other Species”