st leonards today

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

st leonards today

Post by bowl » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:31 pm

hello, trying to find spot to fish today was hard in this wind..eventually launched at st leonards around 12... bait was salted pilchards $6 a kilo from mario bait shop n they recommended to fish st leonards and some frozen salmon.
So had 4 rods three with salmon or pilchard and a one with a sabiki bait catching rig.Caught some flathead with sabiki rig .Caught about 8 gurnard (thrown back)and countless flath head C n got a huge grey stingray.
Around 2 tide turned and nearly landed a squid on a pilchard , so with that got the squid jigs out and landed two decent squid ,droped about 5 at boat :yucky: ,first time really caught squid so was happy to get 2 squid for bait.. had to stop squid fishing as i started drifting cause of tide and wind and could not find squid when drifting.Eeeven when i put 2 squid jigs out,, the squid still went for the pilchards more then the jigs.
Good spot to fish st leonards ( first time i have fish at this spot).
fished in about 4 meter of water a couple of hundred meters from boat ramp.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

complete-anglerz-12

Re: st leonards today

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:16 pm

funny you say that my mate's bro killed us one day using pilchard on the prong like a jig could not belive it
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:21 pm

i will take a prong n a silver whiting next time...never seen a grey stingray craped myself at first
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:07 am

try whole salmon to got my pb on a salmon under a float
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”