Queenscliffe harbour 2 - 3rd Sept

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
azkay

Re: Queenscliffe harbour 2 - 3rd Sept

Post by azkay » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:44 am

Great report mate, thanks for sharing. & good on you for going back and chasing.. I was thereabouts recently too, Trev's were on the bite, one on the larger side may have been the hook straightener..
Attachments
photo.JPG
Queenscliff Trev
photo.JPG (27.4 KiB) Viewed 577 times
Az.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:49 am

purple5ive wrote:...........................................................................................
ps - wtf is a shag????
A shag is a water bird of some sort! I'm not sure if it is the species name or a generic name but a shag is a bird - that eats fish! (sometimes words have two meanings!) :-D
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

ian_underthesea

Post by ian_underthesea » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Cheers for the info Nude Up. Say Gday if you see me there.

A shag is a commerant that is mostly called a shag in WA. My spell checker doesn't like commerant - those black or black and white birds that can swim under water.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:37 pm

The Queenscliff boat harbour in the 80's prior the ferry service building the breakwall & destroying the natural creek flow :down: was a excellent place to fish for Silver trevally , mullet , Salmon , KGW , Luderick , Kingfish etc. I used to catch literally one after the other 2.5kg+ Silver trevally. Since the early 90's onwards the fishing is nothing like it used to be , today the fishing pales in Comparison :(

rogs
Has liked: 1 time

Post by rogs » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Fish-Hunter wrote:I have fished the Queenscliff Harbour area since the late 70's , I would imagine a big Sliver Trevally or one of the many winged fish
(Ray) could have been hooked ;)
There's a family of rays feeding every now and then in the channel make sure your drag is on
when you're not holding your rod otherwise it will be taken away :)

ian_underthesea

Post by ian_underthesea » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:53 pm

rogs wrote:
Fish-Hunter wrote:I have fished the Queenscliff Harbour area since the late 70's , I would imagine a big Sliver Trevally or one of the many winged fish
There's a family of rays feeding every now and then in the channel make sure your drag is on
Did you lose yours Rogs or just been a witness?

I wish I had a time machine sometimes or at least been interested in fishing in the eighties.. Sounds like a great place to fish once and thanks for sharing Fish Hunter.

rogs
Has liked: 1 time

Post by rogs » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

ian_underthesea wrote:
rogs wrote:
Did you lose yours Rogs or just been a witness?

I wish I had a time machine sometimes or at least been interested in fishing in the eighties.. Sounds like a great place to fish once and thanks for sharing Fish Hunter.

yeah been few times actually lucky my drag is on and also one day i was fishing in the mouth i accidentally hooked a brand new snapper rod with daiwa GS 9 reel
from under the jetty of which a bonus for me i'm still using it atm :) :) :) . the other bloke told me it was from a young fisho from the other days' fishing well its mine now :)

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”