Re: Clifton Springs Kayak Sunday 17 & Dredging

Post by Tim399 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:48 pm

Andrews wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:44 pm
Tim399 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:23 pm
Andrews wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:03 pm
Sounds good mate, planning to be on the water by 7.45am, camo com pass with a green kayak nearby.
Cheers!
Nice to meet you briefly today Andrews. How did you boys go? With your squid skills no doubt you did better than me. I was buggered from trawling in the chop for a while. Hopefully the wind held out for you both.
Hey Tim,
It was great to brief meet you too!
I'd love to say we bagged out, but between the two of us we didn't snag a single squid. Neither did the two other blokes nearby!
Though the weather turned out stunning, the bite didn't!
That makes me feel a little better about my one squid. The conditions in that photo look very different to what my morning did! At least the weather held out for you. Hopefully catch you on the water for longer next time :tu:

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:39 am

Tim399 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:48 pm
Andrews wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:44 pm
Tim399 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:23 pm
Andrews wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:03 pm
Sounds good mate, planning to be on the water by 7.45am, camo com pass with a green kayak nearby.
Cheers!
Nice to meet you briefly today Andrews. How did you boys go? With your squid skills no doubt you did better than me. I was buggered from trawling in the chop for a while. Hopefully the wind held out for you both.
Hey Tim,
It was great to brief meet you too!
I'd love to say we bagged out, but between the two of us we didn't snag a single squid. Neither did the two other blokes nearby!
Though the weather turned out stunning, the bite didn't!
That makes me feel a little better about my one squid. The conditions in that photo look very different to what my morning did! At least the weather held out for you. Hopefully catch you on the water for longer next time :tu:
Yeah, that wind defintely kicked up on the wind change!
We actually arrived earlier and simply sat on the beach for 45 until the wind passed on the change from WNW to W.
Great condtions once that wind dropped, quite a bit of surface weed in shallow but nothing on the bite!

Noting for everyone dredging has started at the mouth of the boat ramp there which can make for pretty murky conditons shallow.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:21 am

Unlucky guys...
Will take a while to settle after the dredging i guess.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”