Indented Head 29th Sep

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Indented Head 29th Sep

Post by purple5ive » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:57 am

mate, try out some of rui jigs, search ebay for them, they work well down in melbourne squid and are 11 bucks delivered.

and that sounds so delish.. hope you get more squid out of those expensive jigs..

TokyoDrift

Post by TokyoDrift » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:04 am

Pic of dinner last night
Attachments
Stuffed Squid.jpg
Yummmmm

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Cheers mate

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:33 pm

TokyoDrift wrote:Pic of dinner last night
That does look tasty! :thumbsup:

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Yummy looks great

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:06 pm

TokyoDrift wrote:1st report ever.....

Launched off Indented Head around 0730 and powered out to the red marker, about 100m from the boat ramp and started drifting for squid. Had a great day by our standards as we landed 13 great size squid with hoods up to 34cm, which is my new PB.

Just drifted out, then powered back in for 90 minutes flicking one yellow 3.5 jig and one pink 3.5 jig. The Yellow one was the more successful of the two jigs. We would have stayed longer except for the fact that in quick succession, I cast the jig with the leader still running through the eyelets on the rod which fouled up and stopped the line from following my jig as it sailed through the air... I had no other jigs that size and the weather was pretty ordinary so my wife and I headed back to Portarlington Caravan park (via the tackle shop to buy two new lures) to clean up and settle in to watch the grand final.

Headed out again on Sunday morning and caught another 6 good size squid.

No pics this time, I hope you find this info useful, although I am pretty sure that everyone is getting onto the squid at the moment.

Thanks to everyone who puts up info, I have been reading this forum for around 12 months and finally I had something worth reporting :-D

Cheers for now,

TokyoDrift
Well done mate.
Great report

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:07 pm

TokyoDrift wrote:I bought the Jigs at Portside Marine Centre in Portarlington, pretty sure I got touched a little, but I didn't have too many options on a Saturday at 1230 before the Grand final kick off. Besides, it is always good to support the small local guys when you can, so I don't feel bad about it.

Cooked up some of the Squid last night, stuffed them with the tenticles, breadcrumbs, fresh basil/parsley/chives, garlic, chilli, lemon zest and olive oil all blitzed in the bamix food processor. Seared for 3 minutes in the frying pan then added halved cherry tomato's and popped in the oven for 10 minutes. garnished with fresh basil and lemon juice then served next to roasted asparagus. Then put it in, or around your face!!! p'fect
Sounds delicious

Chaba

Post by Chaba » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:35 pm

Nice report TokyoDrift.
Wife and I were fishing around the corner from you at Grassy Point but later in the day, and managed to bag out but it took us 3 hours.
Launched the boat at Point Richards at around midday and felt we had almost the entire bay to ourselves! We caught almost all squid on light coloured jigs 2.5 - 3.0 in size.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”