Going for a squid tonight at Queenscliff, colour suggestions

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
PatRollo

Going for a squid tonight at Queenscliff, colour suggestions

Post by PatRollo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Im looking to go for a night fish down at queenscliff tonight and was wondering if anyone has been there recently and had success?

Colour suggestions also?

rixter

Re: Going for a squid tonight at Queenscliff, colour suggest

Post by rixter » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:37 pm

PatRollo wrote:Im looking to go for a night fish down at queenscliff tonight and was wondering if anyone has been there recently and had success?

Colour suggestions also?
Hi, has been 'years' since i have been around that area , but from what i remember though (although it might have changed alot over the years ? ) , from beaumaris to queenscliff used to be awesome hotspots for rays and squid. Very rocky bottom around the area and great ray/squid fishing. Not sure if its there anymore ? , but the old mussel farm around the beaumaris pier; about 150 to 200 meters south of the pier (heading back towards mordy pier) and around 500meters in an east direction, sorta puts you in a 45 degree angle off blackrock and facing the sunset around 200 meters off blackrock. This used to be a realy hot spot for squid ( to the right of this spot is and old shipwreck around 300 meters away). If you are going to hit the squid of a night i recomend a bright jigg such as the pink , or bright green and yellow. Purple and dark green used to work good during the day. Also shine a spotlight on the area you are jigging during the night, it attracts them in like eels ! . cheers , good luck, Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

rixter

Re: Going for a squid tonight at Queenscliff, colour suggest

Post by rixter » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:22 am

So how'd you go ?, any luck ? , cheers.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”