portarlington 9th

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

portarlington 9th

Post by Nude up » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:35 pm

Launched at pt richards rd boat ramp around 830 with only 3 other trailers in the car park. I headed over towards arther the great to a mark I haven't fished in a long while. I anchored up got the berley going with 3 rods in the water with bait, two running sinker 1 with a snapper snatcher. I didn't have to wait long the snapper snatcher on fire an endless steam of small flathead with the occasional over 30 cm.
The running sinker rods chipped in with the occasional flathead and banjo then the r/h rod took off in a big way when I finally got it to the boat its a 7 gill as I held the leader to reach for my gaff pop he bit it off damm. Oh well back to the flathead a couple in the mid 40, s then my r/h rod takes off its a small gummy. By now I had plenty of flathead I headed over towards clifton springs and drifted for squid with plenty on offer it didnt take long to get my bag of 10. By 3pm I headed back to the ramp to clean my fish I ended up with 17 flathead 1 gummie and 10 squid.
I must have been a bit forgetful today my first mistake backed the boat in and in the mirror I could see a stream of water coming out the side of my boat my bilge pump is automatic I realised I hadn't put the bung in I haven't made that mistake in years. When I cleaned the fish I realised I hadn't taken photos so took some of the hoods and the flake in a bag.
Attachments
15232665009132.jpg
15232664770471.jpg
15232664559040.jpg

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: portarlington 9th

Post by smile0784 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Well done mate
Great catch

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Nice feed mate, its always nice when a plan comes together.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Nice mixed bag mate.
Great catch. Enjoy the feed :thumbsup:

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:29 pm

Good one mate. Years ago had a tinny. Went fishing in a river and soon noticed id forgot the bunge plug. Short freak out then remembered i had some Blu Tak in the tackle box holding some lures in place to keep them from tangling. Quickly grabbed it all and blocked the hole from the outside. Water pressure held it in place no probs. Fished for the session, no leaks, caught a few and day saved thanks to some good old Blu Tak. :-D

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Geez mate not bad for just some good old blu tak.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Brownie wrote:Good one mate. Years ago had a tinny. Went fishing in a river and soon noticed id forgot the bunge plug. Short freak out then remembered i had some Blu Tak in the tackle box holding some lures in place to keep them from tangling. Quickly grabbed it all and blocked the hole from the outside. Water pressure held it in place no probs. Fished for the session, no leaks, caught a few and day saved thanks to some good old Blu Tak. :-D
Sounds like a macgyver job

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:22 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Brownie wrote:Good one mate. Years ago had a tinny. Went fishing in a river and soon noticed id forgot the bunge plug. Short freak out then remembered i had some Blu Tak in the tackle box holding some lures in place to keep them from tangling. Quickly grabbed it all and blocked the hole from the outside. Water pressure held it in place no probs. Fished for the session, no leaks, caught a few and day saved thanks to some good old Blu Tak. :-D
Sounds like a macgyver job
:-D Wasn't sure it'd work, happy it did though. Don't know if I'd trust it out in the deep blue though!

Delirium
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Delirium » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:59 am

Nude up wrote:I must have been a bit forgetful today my first mistake backed the boat in and in the mirror I could see a stream of water coming out the side of my boat my bilge pump is automatic I realised I hadn't put the bung in I haven't made that mistake in years.
Must be something in the water Nude Up. I did the same thing on Sat morning......first time in about 25 years!! Only difference was that due to the location of my pump it didn't come on until I was well and truly launched and parking the car. Got back to an unfamiliar sound... and then a frantic dash to get the bung in from the boarding platform. Pleased to say though that the pump was getting water out faster than it was coming in. Was very pleased with that.

I've been meaning to make up a simple contraption that clips the bung plug onto the shackle of the trailer's safety chain when not in use, so that as a last resort you realise when you go to undo it.

Nice catch BTW.

Cheers, Ian

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:14 am

Nice haul! Seems to be heaps of Flatties around at the moment

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”