Floundering

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
barwonboy

Floundering

Post by barwonboy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:27 am

Hey guys, planning on going out with dad tonight and I'm trying hard to get him his first flounder. I'm not sure where to go but we are looking for somewhere from ocean grove to geelong. Any tips and spots will be appreciated! :water:

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Floundering

Post by Mattblack » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:43 am

Those water activated AA battery LED lights are fantastic. If its windy its hard to see through the water, look out for stingrays and dont stab each others feet.

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:52 pm

barwonboy wrote:Hey guys, planning on going out with dad tonight and I'm trying hard to get him his first flounder. I'm not sure where to go but we are looking for somewhere from ocean grove to geelong. Any tips and spots will be appreciated! :water:
Hey barwonboy its been about 12 months but last summer when I was up in portarlington we got a few flounder on the sand flats at night on the right hand side of the small boat ramp at fairfax st. Maybe give there a try if you can't find anywhere else. Needs to be a still night but. Let me know how you go please as I would like to give it a try in the next few weeks. Good luck.

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:17 pm

KeenAds wrote:
barwonboy wrote:Hey guys, planning on going out with dad tonight and I'm trying hard to get him his first flounder. I'm not sure where to go but we are looking for somewhere from ocean grove to geelong. Any tips and spots will be appreciated! :water:
Hey barwonboy its been about 12 months but last summer when I was up in portarlington we got a few flounder on the sand flats at night on the right hand side of the small boat ramp at fairfax st. Maybe give there a try if you can't find anywhere else. Needs to be a still night but. Let me know how you go please as I would like to give it a try in the next few weeks. Good luck.
thanks mate ill let ya know how we go :thumbsup:

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:11 am

didn't end up going last night as my sister had heatstroke and we stayed back to look after her :(

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:15 pm

barwonboy wrote:didn't end up going last night as my sister had heatstroke and we stayed back to look after her :(
Bugger hope shes ok now
Good luck for when you do go out

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:35 pm

Hope she's better soon.

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 am

went out to seaford on friday night trying to get some more flounder, i did some research and talked to some mates and i was told seaford was the spot. me and dad walked all the way to frankston and only saw about 6 baby flounder. also saw some stingrays but nothing else. we were walking all the way from ankle deep to waist deep but saw nothing. any tips on where to try and if we were too shallow?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 am

barwonboy wrote:went out to seaford on friday night trying to get some more flounder, i did some research and talked to some mates and i was told seaford was the spot. me and dad walked all the way to frankston and only saw about 6 baby flounder. also saw some stingrays but nothing else. we were walking all the way from ankle deep to waist deep but saw nothing. any tips on where to try and if we were too shallow?
It too shallow at all. I have got some of my biggest ones in ankle deep water :)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:18 am

Meant NOT too shallow at all

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”