portarlington boxing day

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

portarlington boxing day

Post by Nude up » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 am

Sorry for the late report and I haven't been fishing much lately I was in the late stages of having a house built and I was having 2 sisters a neice and a brother in law over for christmas.
My brother in law is ex uk navy but not a fisherman he was super keen to go in the boat, so boxing day the girls went into geelong shopping me and jimmy ( he is a scotsman) went out in the boat.
We got to point richards rd boat ramp around 1030 I was sure I was under 0.5 now. Luckily jimmydrives semi trailers so was a dab hand at backing the boat 10 mins instruction on the winch safety chain and we were good to go.
We headed over to point wilson spoil ground not much activity on the sounder found a few marks so anchored up burleyed up and pretty soon it was flathead smashing time loads of little undersize ones when jimmy gets a cracker around 50 cm he was rapped, after a while it went quite so we moved out to the radio reporting beacon and started to drift.
At 1530 I said to jimmy 5 mins were off home when my rod with a snapper snatcher just took off when I got it to the boat it was a gummy I was rapped after jimmy swipped it a couple with the net I realised I was better on my own so I grabbed a small gaff under the chin and into the boat it came.
We ate all the fish that night they loved it
Attachments
15143833011390.jpg

denis barden

Re: portarlington boxing day

Post by denis barden » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:28 am

Thats the new cleaning station at Pt Richards
Well done

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: portarlington boxing day

Post by smile0784 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:15 am