St.Leonards - Friday 15/9

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Ekaz3556

St.Leonards - Friday 15/9

Post by Ekaz3556 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Well with a 20 knot nor westerly predicted for the morning the plan was for Denis to collect me at 6:00 , yes am, and show me how to catch whiting. Denis dutifully arrived and off to the boat ramp we went, we said good morning to the surfers there and launched. Denis put up a makeshift sail because he said it would get us there much quicker than the motor. We arrived at his secret spot , I left a float there so I can find it next time, in a nano second and Denis gets to work, he hands me a rod we bait up and in they go and so does Denis's magic mix. It is a secret receive but I must admit it is the first time I have ever seen chooks on the water. Within about 10 minutes Denis lands the first whiting, then a second while I land a crab. I looked at him hoping they might be edible but back it goes. At this point Denis knocks the bucket over so I picked up a whiting dropped it back in and asked if that counted as getting one in the bucket, nope. 10 minutes later Denis lands another and I finally get one, I think it was missing its mum and dad so hooked itself. Things wet quiet as the wind hot stronger and the chill factor higher. Several more moves but no more joy. Just goes to show that a little bit of skill and a lot of patience can produce fish. Also proves that great company and a laugh make up for almost anything because 4 hours on the water in less than ideal conditions was still great with company like I was priveldge do to have. Denis is a master tutor and great company, on or off the water. Thanks mate and I look forward to next time we get to catch up

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: St.Leonards - Friday 15/9

Post by Nude up » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Great read sounds like you had fun and got a fish to boot.you should have marked an x on the side of the boat so you can find it next time.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Nice you got out in tbe weather

Better still you got enough fish for tucker.

Your right....great company fishing makes tbe trips tbat much better
Bm

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Loved your story
He obviously didnt take you to wear he nearly bagged out
Did he let you use "the cleaning station" ???

thanks Gra

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Nice work mate. Sounds like you will be catching plenty more in the future :thumbsup:

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:24 pm

Great read there ekaz, I'm hoping for a nice break in the weather Sunday as forecast and head out there too. Unless my plans get "adjusted" by my deckie ha ha ha.

Ekaz3556

Post by Ekaz3556 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Yota your the skipper mate, don't let the deckie call all the shots.
About the only one you should listen too is if they are feeling unsafe, otherwise your the skip mate. After all if there are no fish it is all your fault lol

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”