money well spent

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

money well spent

Post by Nude up » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:43 pm

I was in portarlington today having lunch with the misses I was surprised they have started work on the safe harbour project a new rock wall is being built out into the bay opposite the pier.
I picked up a local paper and read that the state government has granted indented head $360, 000 to upgrade the ramp there. $127, 720 for stage 2 of the clifton springs harbour upgrade and $34, 616 to upgrade the st leonards ramp a total of $530, 336 and guess what each of these ramps are free to use.
Amazing that the bellarine ramps are free and the money grabbing bastard councils everywhere else charge like wounded bulls

Marty.A

Re: money well spent

Post by Marty.A » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:56 pm

[quote="Nude up"]I was in portarlington today having lunch with the misses I was surprised they have started work on the safe harbour project a new rock wall is being built out into the bay opposite the pier.
I picked up a local paper and read that the state government has granted indented head $360, 000 to upgrade the ramp there. $127, 720 for stage 2 of the clifton springs harbour upgrade and $34, 616 to upgrade the st leonards ramp a total of $530, 336 and guess what each of these ramps are free to use.
Amazing that the bellarine ramps are free and the money grabbing bastard councils everywhere else charge like wounded bulls[/quote

Free ramps and good facilities should bring in the fisho's and in turn means more revenue generated by those same fishos by spending their money at the local businesses. Its a win win for everyone. :-D So then what is happening at the other ramps is it true that some ramps don't even have a ticket machine and that you need a phone app to pay the fees??

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:15 pm

Probably due to the high mumber of ticket machine vandalised

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:24 am

Sssshh not so loud, some council muppet will hear you & start charging
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:47 am

That sounds awesome! I wish they would build a rockwall out from the mouth of kananook creek. That ramp is a good ramp but you can't ever use it because there is always a sand bar blocking the entrance to the river.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”