St Leonards Christmas Holiday

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
snorkly

Re: St Leonards Christmas Holiday

Post by snorkly » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:25 am

Nice catch and great report mate, well done. I was there for a week as well, unfortunately it was horrible for me. On the second day I've done my back while pushing the trailer and non stop strong SE winds ruined my week. Second last day I felt bit better and there was a small window in the morning , so get out for things, after about an hour and few small pinkies all of a sudden 25-30 knots SE break up again and all of the boats on the water rush to ramp. Going there again this Sunday with a charter boat, hopefully would be better this time.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:59 am

snorkly wrote:Nice catch and great report mate, well done. I was there for a week as well, unfortunately it was horrible for me. On the second day I've done my back while pushing the trailer and non stop strong SE winds ruined my week. Second last day I felt bit better and there was a small window in the morning , so get out for things, after about an hour and few small pinkies all of a sudden 25-30 knots SE break up again and all of the boats on the water rush to ramp. Going there again this Sunday with a charter boat, hopefully would be better this time.
Which charter are you going with?

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:08 pm

A-ONE charters, departing from Werribee South. I've been out with him few times and quiet happy.

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:03 pm

snorkly wrote:Nice catch and great report mate, well done. I was there for a week as well, unfortunately it was horrible for me. On the second day I've done my back while pushing the trailer and non stop strong SE winds ruined my week. Second last day I felt bit better and there was a small window in the morning , so get out for things, after about an hour and few small pinkies all of a sudden 25-30 knots SE break up again and all of the boats on the water rush to ramp. Going there again this Sunday with a charter boat, hopefully would be better this time.
Bad luck about your back and that wind really sucked, it was relentless. I only did 4 trips in 2 weeks and the ramp's just across the road. A lot of people with boats at the park went home. I saw a charter boat there one of the days I was out -"Geelong Charters", looked like they were working hard for their customers moving around a fair bit.

agj_h

Post by agj_h » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi Trumpeter,

I'm at Portarlington for a few weeks with family and boat. We have had success in the past with squid between PA and Indented head (my 17 yo is besotted with squid fishing, and I love it too) but I'm keen on getting onto the whiting (or squid in more numbers). Care to share the (very) general vacinity where I might get on to some whiting or a decent bag of squid.

Andrew.

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi Andrew
check your pm's

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:15 pm

Nice catch & good feed.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:51 am

Nice one mate. We hit up St Leonard's after a jigging session on Monday. First time there. Drove around a bit looking for some nice ground. Dropped pick. Went 6 squid in the first 6 casts. Bagged 2 people within 2 hours. We'll be back. What a nice area for squid. Perfect grounds.

Andrew we were focussing around 3-4m edges of weedbeds. They hammered us at every spot we dropped. Red foil jigs.

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks Trumpeter, if it was up to me I would've come home too. We were 3 family together and I didn't wanted to disturb anyone. My previous trips to there was always brought good, never the less good place to fish.

Fish seeker

Post by Fish seeker » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:20 pm

ducky wrote:Nice one mate. We hit up St Leonard's after a jigging session on Monday. First time there. Drove around a bit looking for some nice ground. Dropped pick. Went 6 squid in the first 6 casts. Bagged 2 people within 2 hours. We'll be back. What a nice area for squid. Perfect grounds.

Andrew we were focussing around 3-4m edges of weedbeds. They hammered us at every spot we dropped. Red foil jigs.
How big were the squid u caught ducky?

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”