Quick report St Leonards

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Quick report St Leonards

Post by hornet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:16 pm

Just a quick report From st leonards, sorry no picks this time, fished down there last night, they have installed a flood light on the little wing part of the pier and the light faces east, this lights up the whole rock wall section and is a welcomed addition.

A bit of action there at the moment, we caught 20 whiting, 8 pinkies, 3 flat head, 6 banjo sharks between 4 of us, lots of squid movement about, I saw some stonkers swimming about but not interested in taking bait or jigs ! the smaller squid were much easier and many fisho's had at least half a dozen each, I didn't fish for them as I was concentrating on the ting, the incoming tide was best, 2 of our whiting went 45cm !

We had one casualty, my light telescopic rod is no more :( some holiday noob was running down the pier to take a leak and stepped / crushed my rod graphite rod :o_0:
This was the same rod I asked about a few weeks ago what model I should buy, when he came back up the pier he said he was sorry but was busting and had to go, I said Pal ! who the flock runs down a pier at night ! there's rods all over the place ! I swear I hate holiday time ! all the once a year noob fisho's come out and have no idea about pier etiquette ! you know that unwritten law about respect, property and all that that all regular fisho's know.

So be warned guy's don't leave your rods on the ground at Holiday time, stand them up some how..
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Quick report St Leonards

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:21 pm

Did he offer to pay something? What a p**** at least the fishing was good. Pier fishing in all it's glory..

Good report mate
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:24 pm

I would have been extremely annoyed especially if it was a nice graphite rod!

hornet

Post by hornet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:28 pm

BIG GAV wrote:Did he offer to pay something? What a pr*ck at least the fishing was good. Pier fishing in all it's glory..

Good report mate
Yeah Gav he offered to pay but only after his wife forced him to offer ! I declined only because it was a telescopic I got from BCF for half price during a sale ( cheapy ) if it was my Penn prevail I definitely would have taken the money, by the look of him he didn't look to have two bob to his name so I suspect it was a hollow gesture..

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Sorry to hear about the broken rod hornet I'm sure that would have soured your night but at least you caught some nice fish :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Wow that sucks, but dont let it spoil your night. What a great haul of fish you got!

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:20 pm

I also broke a cheaply on the weekend.. Bending the tip to put a jig on the guide n it snapped I've already repaired it once just gonna cut my losses and upgrade my whiting rod.

Never fished the pier there good to hear it produces a good mix
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:55 pm

hornet wrote:Just a quick report From st leonards, sorry no picks this time, fished down there last night, they have installed a flood light on the little wing part of the pier and the light faces east, this lights up the whole rock wall section and is a welcomed addition.

A bit of action there at the moment, we caught 20 whiting, 8 pinkies, 3 flat head, 6 banjo sharks between 4 of us, lots of squid movement about, I saw some stonkers swimming about but not interested in taking bait or jigs ! the smaller squid were much easier and many fisho's had at least half a dozen each, I didn't fish for them as I was concentrating on the ting, the incoming tide was best, 2 of our whiting went 45cm !

We had one casualty, my light telescopic rod is no more :( some holiday noob was running down the pier to take a leak and stepped / crushed my rod graphite rod :o_0:
This was the same rod I asked about a few weeks ago what model I should buy, when he came back up the pier he said he was sorry but was busting and had to go, I said Pal ! who the flock runs down a pier at night ! there's rods all over the place ! I swear I hate holiday time ! all the once a year noob fisho's come out and have no idea about pier etiquette ! you know that unwritten law about respect, property and all that that all regular fisho's know.

So be warned guy's don't leave your rods on the ground at Holiday time, stand them up some how..

You need one of these!
Attachments
20150811_174652.jpg
Cast, catch and put it back

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:16 pm

Awesome landbased catch there mate! :thumbsup: Sorry to here about your rod! :down:

hornet

Post by hornet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:41 pm

I'm lucky or unlucky which way you look at it that it was a cheapie by rod standards, I just looked on ebay and the china telescopic s start at around $1.50 ex china free post ! ... at this price I can buy 10 and treat them as disposable rods ! :rofl:

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”