Indented Heads First time there

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
matt1991

Indented Heads First time there

Post by matt1991 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Hey guys,

Heading to indented heads tomorrow for the first time and will be hiring a boat with a mate and targeting squid and possible pinkies/flathead. Usually fish St leonards with good results.

Any tips or things to look out for when fishing at Indented heads would be great! Also get to test out my new rod and reel since having shoulder surgery which should be awesome!!!

Will document how we go :)

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Indented Heads First time there

Post by bowl » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:26 pm

I have only really fished st leonards.
Good luck

Hoping to be out we'd or Thursday.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Mikey87

Post by Mikey87 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:26 pm

matt1991 wrote:Hey guys,

Heading to indented heads tomorrow for the first time and will be hiring a boat with a mate and targeting squid and possible pinkies/flathead. Usually fish St leonards with good results.

Any tips or things to look out for when fishing at Indented heads would be great! Also get to test out my new rod and reel since having shoulder surgery which should be awesome!!!

Will document how we go :)
Never fished there myself Matt but was actually talking to a surfer mate of mine the other day and he suggested giving a crack. Be really interested to hear how you go - good luck out there mate.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:39 pm

Its quite shallow and a great squid area look up grassy point turn left head towards portarlington asyou come towards the tip of the bellarine there is a red stick about 500 mt out drift around there always good for squid. Drifting anywhere between indented head and st lenoards is worthwhile its an out going tide in the morning so I would head towards grassy point . Look up prince george bank its about 3k off indented head great drop off plenty of burley you won't be disappointed

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 pm

Nude up wrote:Its quite shallow and a great squid area look up grassy point turn left head towards portarlington asyou come towards the tip of the bellarine there is a red stick about 500 mt out drift around there always good for squid. Drifting anywhere between indented head and st lenoards is worthwhile its an out going tide in the morning so I would head towards grassy point . Look up prince george bank its about 3k off indented head great drop off plenty of burley you won't be disappointed
the old secret squid spot.....
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Not any more

matt1991

Post by matt1991 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanks fellas ill be sure to report back and hopefully post some photos! The car is stocked and ready to go!

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:33 pm

And I have to get out of bed at 0410 to go to work good luck

matt1991

Post by matt1991 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:08 am

So my mate and I left home around 6.10am. The traffic wasn't to bad heading into Geelong and after a quick coffee stop we arrived at Indented Heads at around 8am. On the way there the rain started to kick in as we headed through Clifton Springs. My first thought was "of course it had to rain on my RDO" but that wasn't going to stop us!

After speaking with the Hire Boat owner who by the way was a great bloke and i highly recommend him to anyone, we were in the water by 8.45am. The rain was on an off until around 11am but it was only drizzle and a light shower which wasn't to bad.

By 12.30pm we landed 12 calamari and then headed out to drift for some Flathead. We ended up with 10 Flathead by 3pm and then relaxed out on the water for 20min as a pod of Dolphins swam around playing near by. Largest squid had a 27cm hood and largest flathead was 35cm.

Red foils and Dave Austins Blood Demon done the damage landing 8 between them.

Landed majority of the calamari at Grassy Point thanks to Nude Up and the Flathead in around 10 to 13 metres of water. The water was like glass!!!

Ended the night with Beer Battered and Salt and Pepper calamari with a glass of wine! Flathead Fillets tonight sound good!

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:17 am

Looks like a good day was had by all and an even better tea my go to jig there is yamashita in a browny red prawn colour

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”