St Leonard's 28/03/15

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
cazof88

St Leonard's 28/03/15

Post by cazof88 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:41 am

Hi all,

Been a while since I've had a change to get out on the boat so finally got out on Saturday with two other mates and it did not disappoint.
We launched from St Leonards boat ramp at about 3:00pm and headed out. Finally had the chance to make some berley before I headed out so put it to good use to get the fish on the bite.
Managed to have a cracker session landing 56 oversized whiting between us. Got a personal pb of a 40cm whiting which was awesome fun bringing in and had a couple of double hook-ups.
We stayed at the spot until night time and got the bigger rods out for a crack at something larger but only managed 4 port Jackson sharks and 5 or 6 damn banjo's. I did have something take the line and make a good run but when I went to reel it in the hook came out, this may be because I was trying a double hook setup on a pilchard for the first time so I don't think the hook actually set at all because of the way I rigged it up, or the fish may have just spat it out. We ended up fishing until 10ish then headed in.
All in all the best day I've ever had on the water and phenomenal catch with 56 nice sized whiting (didn't even land an undersized one), 7 flathead and 1 squid. On a side note I have no idea how to catch squid and I think my mate that caught it lucked out.

Hoped everyone else that headed out had similar success,
Caz

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: St Leonard's 28/03/15

Post by barra mick » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:49 pm

Nice fishing
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

complete-anglerz-12

Re: St Leonard's 28/03/15

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:52 am

well done sounds like you guys had a good day on the water.
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”