St Lenoard's Boat Ramp

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
szero25

St Lenoard's Boat Ramp

Post by szero25 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:48 am

Fished the Boat ramp near St Leonard's on Mon Night from about 2330-0230 (was going to fish the pier but it was pretty packed with grumpy looking characters :-D) got 1 large Banjo and got onto what i think was either a large ray or skate, fought the damm thing for about 30 in, was the first time i have actually been worried about being pulled into the water, it was pulling so bloody hard and continuously taking line, ended up bending a small octopus bait holder hook i used on the rig and getting away, i was sorta relieved as i don't think i could have brought it in and i left the gaff in the car.

Also fished some rocks yesterday all day, was really disappointing, was sunny and the surf was very tame, got one large Port Jackson shark.
Attachments
banjo.jpg
bent hook.jpg

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: St Lenoard's Boat Ramp

Post by Nude up » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:44 pm

Could have been anything, I am always happier if I get to see it. Did you notice if they were catching anything on the pier.
At least you caught something could have been donuts

szero25

Post by szero25 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:55 pm

i didn't see anything supposedly snapper, the wind was blowing too hard for you to really get out far enough though, yeah banjo's better then nothing i was considering taking it home for a meal, but decided to put it back.

I still think it was a ray or a skate i hooked can't really think of anything else that can pull like that, and if it had big chompers it would have cut through the 50lb mono leader i think, must have been a bit of a monster though.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 pm

St Leonards pier was dead last Saturday night, huge schools of tommy rough around the lights, I caught two squid but no whiting this trip... but heaps of Banjo's thrown back...
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”