Monday 22nd October

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Ekaz3556

Monday 22nd October

Post by Ekaz3556 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Well had the pleasure of heading out with Denis Barton this morning chasing some large squid. It was a 5:00 am start and the wind was blowing northerly as we departed St.Leonards and headed to Queenscliffe. still a few boats were at the ramp as we headed out and around to point Lonsdale. Drifted around for about 5 minutes before we land the first one, it was just a small table sized one but we were on the board. I am thinking Denis really is a generous bastard giving up his secret spots like that to a random stranger. Those that have met me know I am definitely strange. Then after another couple of drifts we get a cuttle fish, hmm , it is not going as planned. Another 15 minutes and another cuttlefish. Then all went quiet, hell it was so quiet we both got excited when i hooked the bottom , twice .
It was time for a move so move we did, still nothing, the whole time I kept us entertained by chatting away, Denis did not seem to mind at all. Still no more squid so after 2 hours the decision was made to head north. We took off at a rate of knots and I commented how well the new boat handled the chop, until we rounded the headland and were heading due north into a howling gale, I stopped talking because if you opened your mouth to much you got the bum blown out of your pants. Did I mention the new boat is an open boat, well the clothes needed a wash anyway. Plans soon changed and we headed home with just the one. Well that’s fishing and it was a fabulous time on the water.
The only real disappointment was when we got back and Denis decided to put his hearing aide back in, the bastard had not heard a word I said all morning :)
Seriously Denis is one of life’s gentlemen, very generous with his equipment, knowledge and catch. Thanks for a great morning mate and look out the KGW tomorrow morning we we try and emulate your feats from a couple of days ago

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Monday 22nd October

Post by spudtrans » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:31 pm

thankyou i needed a good belly laugh, i didnt see that coming.
great report, pity about the squid not playing

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:00 pm

"The only real disappointment was when we got back and Denis decided to put his hearing aide back in, the bastard had not heard a word I said all morning."

This one line cracked me up ! :rofl:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:27 pm

hornet wrote:"The only real disappointment was when we got back and Denis decided to put his hearing aide back in, the bastard had not heard a word I said all morning."

Bloody oath, that was gold. Didn't see that coming!

Great post mate, that was a fun read. You may not have brought back much in the esky, but by the sounds of it the trip was a success. You don't have to catch fish to necessarily have a win 'ey ;) Good for DB for showing you around a bit. Looking fwd to the next report. Lol.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:55 pm

hornet wrote:"The only real disappointment was when we got back and Denis decided to put his hearing aide back in, the bastard had not heard a word I said all morning."

X2! :rofl:
Nice report btw ekaz :)

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:30 pm

Nice report mate

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:10 pm

Great read very funny I must get to meet dennis

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:23 am

Great report
Very amusing reading lol

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:55 am

Great read mate.
cant always catch them, thats just how it is..

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”