Point Lillias? - Assistance Please

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
BigJ

Re: Point Lillias? - Assistance Please

Post by BigJ » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:54 pm

A mate and I use to fish there all the time and always take home big whiting and massive flathead. I have been thinking of going back soon.
Been trying to think of what time if year we use to go as it's been quite a few years since I have been there.
Fishing Victoria Species Comp: 46 cms

Salmon 46cm

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:05 pm

Rogue_Hunter wrote:
Fishsniper wrote:Surf casting gear is required and it produces Snapper quite frequently and a good whiting spot, check out Ray Long Tackle's fishing reports.
Alot of people camp there overnight because that's when you get the really big snapper. It's a very comfortable spot to fish just a long walk that's all.
Fresh baits are the go but Pilchards and squid are probably the best and always have a lighter rig with you because it does produce alot of whiting.
Burley always helps and a high tide is always good.
Good luck
I think the enquiry about the location came about after reading today's Ray Longs report :-D

I fished Avalong\Geelong 3 times in the last 2 weeks; twice off a boat and one landbased for donuts!!

I have a love-hate relationship with Geelong ... most of the time its hard fishing, but some of my greatest times i have had there.
hey its hard tp navigate around the rocks in a boat, i want to launch fish avalon but dont wanna run a ground
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

chillicrab

Post by chillicrab » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:29 pm

long rods are required.

place is super packed during summer time.
Attachments
lillias.png
lillias1.png
lillias1.png (298.73 KiB) Viewed 1371 times

fitzy90

Post by fitzy90 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:31 am

Always worth throwing a squid jig land based around here, have caught some nice squid this time of year on the drift in the boat 20 meters from the shoreline. Nothing better than fresh bait for the snapper ( or a bit of a feed).
only problem here is the netters that launch from avalon, have seen them around there most nights, was drifting there last week when one of the cheeky buggers drove right up to the boat and asked how much longer i was going to be, and proceeded to lay the nets 20 meters from the boat!
Great spot though

Krisstiglic

Post by Krisstiglic » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:04 pm

God damn netters

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 am

In resurrecting an old thread, a question for the folks in the know; is the walking track mountain-bikeable? I'm considering killing two hobbies with one stone here...

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”