Point Lillias? - Assistance Please

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
azkay

Point Lillias? - Assistance Please

Post by azkay » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:14 am

Hi,

Is anyone able to offer me some assistance on getting to Point Lillias - Land Based & where exactly to fish from. Directions I've found on search engines ain't great. Last time I went, I walked for a good 20-25 minutes (no luck!). Where to after I get to the boat ramp?

Thanks..
Az.

Fishsniper

Re: Point Lillias? - Assistance Please

Post by Fishsniper » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:24 am

OK, just before the boat ramp carpark there is a track to the left that goes past the huts, go right to the end and you will be facing a pile of dirt, go over the dirt and walk along the track for about 20 mins as you get to headland turn right and fish at the rocks there. It's a bit of a walk but is a great landbased spot

Krisstiglic

Post by Krisstiglic » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:29 am

Where abouts is point lillias

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:34 am

Point lillas is the headland that I mentioned, have a look at google maps and to the right of the Avalon boat ramp you will see a point sticking out

azkay

Post by azkay » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:59 am

Fishsniper wrote:OK, just before the boat ramp carpark there is a track to the left that goes past the huts, go right to the end and you will be facing a pile of dirt, go over the dirt and walk along the track for about 20 mins as you get to headland turn right and fish at the rocks there. It's a bit of a walk but is a great landbased spot
Thank you fishsniper, very informative :)
Az.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:35 am

No probs, it's such a good spot that you will often see boats anchored within casting distance.

ingeer

Post by ingeer » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Fishsniper wrote:OK, just before the boat ramp carpark there is a track to the left that goes past the huts, go right to the end and you will be facing a pile of dirt, go over the dirt and walk along the track for about 20 mins as you get to headland turn right and fish at the rocks there. It's a bit of a walk but is a great landbased spot
Thanks for the post Fishsniper that's very helpful.

Any baits/rigs suggestion? What kinds of fishes can be found around?

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Surf casting gear is required and it produces Snapper quite frequently and a good whiting spot, check out Ray Long Tackle's fishing reports.
Alot of people camp there overnight because that's when you get the really big snapper. It's a very comfortable spot to fish just a long walk that's all.
Fresh baits are the go but Pilchards and squid are probably the best and always have a lighter rig with you because it does produce alot of whiting.
Burley always helps and a high tide is always good.
Good luck

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Fishsniper wrote:Surf casting gear is required and it produces Snapper quite frequently and a good whiting spot, check out Ray Long Tackle's fishing reports.
Alot of people camp there overnight because that's when you get the really big snapper. It's a very comfortable spot to fish just a long walk that's all.
Fresh baits are the go but Pilchards and squid are probably the best and always have a lighter rig with you because it does produce alot of whiting.
Burley always helps and a high tide is always good.
Good luck
I think the enquiry about the location came about after reading today's Ray Longs report :-D

I fished Avalong\Geelong 3 times in the last 2 weeks; twice off a boat and one landbased for donuts!!

I have a love-hate relationship with Geelong ... most of the time its hard fishing, but some of my greatest times i have had there.

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:48 pm

You may click on this viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers!!

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”