Dr Drift wrote:Nicely done...
Wow Anh Drift, where have you been?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Snapper on the chew!!!!!

Post by smile0784 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:45 am

purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Wasnt it karikia braid?
I got that first but returned the whole thing and bought just the reel by itself from bcf for $45 Then bought those anaconda rods for $20 and daiwa shinboi braid also from anaconda for $10
Total $75 still $25 cheaper than shimano combo i got first

Braid is actually pretty decent. Ive used it before hence why i got it.
Ah sorry my mistake.

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:28 am

Dr Drift wrote:Nicely done...
Hey man how u been long time no chat scine i been of fb

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:29 am

bowl wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
bowl wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Thanks phil for another cracker outing. Was certainly a bit lumpy out there.

All fish suprisingly came on the outfits i had out. I can certainly say the elcheapo combos have passed with flying colours. If anything a bit more backbone for the bigger fishes would be good. But i never felt undergunned on these fish at any stage... after the first 2 fish i told phil to grab my rod if it goes off again (only fair the skipper gets some fish too) sure enough 20mins later my rod goes off again and phil was right next to it.
Fairly certain all 3 came on the same rod. But since they all look the same i now dont know which rod is the kucky one hahaha..
Rofl lololol
Im wrecked now and need some sleep but im on babysitting duty now. Hopefully i dont fall asleep on the job.
When ya get x of same outfit ,you canput a number on rod or rod holder m when rods go off you can tell ur decky ,rod 2or 4 is on ..
Thats y i have 3 different rods with slightly different rating so ppl can say white rod or black rod etc.

But dont know what steve going to with 3 identical rods
If purples was not such a tightarse :tongue: he could of put 3 different colors of braid on his reel..

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:30 am

Nude up wrote:Ripper fish well done you certainly are on the money
Thanks mate yer looking like a good season coming

Persistence
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Persistence » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Born2fish wrote:If ur werribe way mate thats my nek of the woods try werribe 15m mate. My mate got some last night to 4 kg or go point wilson thats were i been getting most of my fish
Thanks mate. I'm going to have a go Friday arvo/night and maybe again Saturday arvo/night. I'll let you know how I go.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Good luck

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Persistence wrote:
Born2fish wrote:If ur werribe way mate thats my nek of the woods try werribe 15m mate. My mate got some last night to 4 kg or go point wilson thats were i been getting most of my fish
Thanks mate. I'm going to have a go Friday arvo/night and maybe again Saturday arvo/night. I'll let you know how I go.
If ur doing arvo/night my advice thats work for me shallower so 13m and under i have herd people getting em in 5m off willy and 8 m off werribe so start 13m off werribe and work ur way shallow till u find fish

Persistence
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Persistence » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:52 am

The plan is to set off in the afternoon and pick up some squid then out to a lump I found on my sounder that goes from 16mtrs to 14mtrs and sound around for fish. If there aren't any then I'll head to the reef edge in about 7mtrs for sunset and the evening tide change.
The other option is as you said, Point Wilson. I sounded fish there in 10mtrs a few weeks ago.
Either way It will be nice to be out.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 am

Persistence wrote:The plan is to set off in the afternoon and pick up some squid then out to a lump I found on my sounder that goes from 16mtrs to 14mtrs and sound around for fish. If there aren't any then I'll head to the reef edge in about 7mtrs for sunset and the evening tide change.
The other option is as you said, Point Wilson. I sounded fish there in 10mtrs a few weeks ago.
Either way It will be nice to be out.
King to be a nice 15knot plus nth tomorrow....
I'll be out in Corio bay somewhere

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”