disappointed in myself

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

disappointed in myself

Post by Nude up » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:33 pm

I made a sudden decision last night to go fishing today. The last few times I have been out I have targeted squid with some success, so I decided to see if there was any snapper around.
I launched at st helens this morning I was alone so its a pain launching the boat in out in luckily the ramp was quite. I trolled some lures up the edge of the channel I saw some fish on the sounder but no takers, after about 2 hrs still nothing so I thought I would go to a spot I used to fish 10 years ago the corvette hole I anchored up got the burley going and over the next hour 5 banjos all on the snapper snatcher.
I decided to go further up the channel to the kink I anchored up in 8.5 mts of water on the edge of the channel and got the burley going. I picked up a few flathead and another banjo on the same snapper snatcher then the rod with the snapper snatcher buckles over I grab the rod the tell tale head shakes ripper I thought, it took off on a massive run it slowed I got some line back then its off again reel screaming I was loving it then ping gone.
And this is why I am disappointed, not losing the fish that happens but I could have prevented this I have got lazy and I have been buying pre made twisted dropper paternoster rigs and then attaching my own pretied hooks. The rig failed at the hook no knots loop pushed through the eye then the loop passed over the hook I think I must have damaged it getting it out of the banjos mouths. I should have checked I am disappointed in myself it was a ripper of a fish and my only chance for the day and I missed it needless to say I will take more care next time.

chris srsc

Re: disappointed in myself

Post by chris srsc » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:02 pm

Dam... but id change it to it was a huge toothy that cut right through...lol...

Seriously though..ive been lazy a few times and not put new hooks on from day or two before...have some signs of rusty finish...i tell myself that I will hook the fish of a lifetime and loose it to my tightassery
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:24 pm

Same mate had a good session on some trout in snaggy waters ,next day I had my PB brown on the end of the line only to have the leader let go, when I checked the remaining leader it was full of abrasions, just too lazy to check and tie another one on the night the before.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:38 pm

Sorry to hear that mate. Sounds like it was a good fish.

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”