Geelong tonight

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
DR.SPESH

Re: Geelong tonight

Post by DR.SPESH » Sun May 29, 2016 10:33 am

4liters wrote:
Kev209 wrote:Shows if you put in the time and effort you get great results. Nice fish Bowl.

When I saw the banana it brought back memories of a bloke taking one onto a party boat, the skipper went ape sh#t. Can anyone tell me what the myth is about taking bananas onto a fishing boat??
Apparently it's because bananas produce a lot of ethylene gas which causes fruit to ripen. In the old days fresh fruit was hard to store on the wooden sailing ships without any refrigeration, and at the same time it was vitally important to stave off scurvy. Bringing bananas on board would cause all the fruit in the ship to ripen quickly and spoil so they'd have nothing fresh left to eat for the rest of the trip, which were often several months in those days. There's a bunch of other explanations out there if you search on Google too.

Like all superstitions, it's just a superstition. When people take me out on their boats im more than happy to avoid bananas out of respect, my kayak (and boat if I ever get one) will definitely be banana friendly zones though.
Thanks for that.

abzz

Post by abzz » Sun May 29, 2016 11:21 am

Awesome fish bud! Great effort

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon May 30, 2016 6:47 pm

:water: :water:
fishpod wrote:Great fish, I'm a fan of the 9ft lancer
What reel do u have on ur lancer?
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

fishpod

Post by fishpod » Mon May 30, 2016 9:24 pm

I have a Shimano baitrunner 4000, or if I'm chasing Salmon I use a 2500 size reel, I have even used it for mudeye fishing or float fishing in general because of the length, great reasonably priced rod

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon May 30, 2016 9:28 pm

fishpod wrote:I have a Shimano baitrunner 4000, or if I'm chasing Salmon I use a 2500 size reel, I have even used it for mudeye fishing or float fishing in general because of the length, great reasonably priced rod
I tend to cast bait just as far with my lancer as I do with my surf rod....Also caught squid on it lol
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”