Wet geelong

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Wet geelong

Post by hornet » Fri May 27, 2016 10:45 pm

DR.SPESH wrote:Maggots.
Can't bring myself to touch em ! my family tree don't have any poms in it ..I'll leave em to the UK guy's... LOL
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Fri May 27, 2016 10:47 pm

hornet wrote:
DR.SPESH wrote:Maggots.
Can't bring myself to touch em ! my family tree don't have any poms in it ..I'll leave em to the UK guy's... LOL
One of the cleanest and less stinky baits around.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri May 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Haha haven't used maggots as a bait in ages. Used to catch tommy roughs and gars when growing up in Adelaide as a kid.

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Fri May 27, 2016 10:57 pm

Yeah I got onto maggots for gars on the port Lincoln peninsula. Streaky bay, talia caves, whalers way. Everything's a bit bigger over there.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 pm

DR.SPESH wrote:Yeah I got onto maggots for gars on the port Lincoln peninsula. Streaky bay, talia caves, whalers way. Everything's a bit bigger over there.
I was at streaky bay years ago and remember talking to a local there who told me on warm summer nights spending the whole night on the pier and it wasn't uncommon to see monster big reds being landed in the 10-15 kg range :o_0:

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Fri May 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Lightningx wrote:
DR.SPESH wrote:Yeah I got onto maggots for gars on the port Lincoln peninsula. Streaky bay, talia caves, whalers way. Everything's a bit bigger over there.
I was at streaky bay years ago and remember talking to a local there who told me on warm summer nights spending the whole night on the pier and it wasn't uncommon to see monster big reds being landed in the 10-15 kg range :o_0:
Yeah I'd believe it. I fished at the rock wall near the boat ramp a few km's out of town and caught 16? Diferant species of fish in one session, will never forget that day. Always had thoughts to move there after that.
Also the silver whiting over there at night are massive and in big numbers at certain times of the year.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 28, 2016 5:04 pm

DR.SPESH wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Yeah I'd believe it. I fished at the rock wall near the boat ramp a few km's out of town and caught 16? Diferant species of fish in one session, will never forget that day. Always had thoughts to move there after that.
Also the silver whiting over there at night are massive and in big numbers at certain times of the year.
Far out talk about good fishing!
I remember fishing and always coming home with a bag of fresh fish. I never knew what it felt like to get a doughnut lol

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Sat May 28, 2016 9:42 pm

Lightningx wrote:
DR.SPESH wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Far out talk about good fishing!
I remember fishing and always coming home with a bag of fresh fish. I never knew what it felt like to get a doughnut lol
Yep, no doughnuts over there. Great fishing. Sharinga beach for lots of thumper sambos.

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Sat May 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Man time flys!! It's been 16 years since I fished over there. I'm sure not a lot had changed but could be wrong?

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Sat May 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Back to "wet Geelong"got sidetracked

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”