They are bitting at Cunningham pier

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

They are bitting at Cunningham pier

Post by gregmaka » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Went to Swan bay pier today,just for a look.I didnt like the shalow and weedy waters,so i decided to stop over at Geelong on the way home.The right hand side of the pier was full of people and plently of rods all going off at the same time.They were catching salmon and trevally full on.I was already hot and bothered so i did not get my rods out,or i would have caught a bucket full of fish,in no time at all.

moeee

Re: They are bitting at Cunningham pier

Post by moeee » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:22 pm

gregmaka wrote: i would have caught a bucket full of fish,in no time at all.
Yeah.
That's not quite my idea on what fishing is all about , but a feed would be nice every trip.

What I appear to be getting from this Forum that a poor catch ( donut? ) in an isolated spot is worth a helluvalot more than a large catch fishing in a barrel.
Sounds good practise to me.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Thanks gregmaka for the report,hoping to take lily to Cunningham pier soon for a fish.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

gregmaka

Post by gregmaka » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:45 pm

i was just that there were so many rods in the water,and i was not in the mood of fighting just to get a spot.As you know some people are very greedy when it comes to fishing.I was at lorne peir one day ,and they were catching fish galore.One kid that wanted to catch a fish as well cast his line in bettween them some how,and got his head blasted off,i was tempted to say something,but my wife beged me to leave it alone,so i did.Why would you want to stop a kid from having the thrill of catching a fish.

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:27 pm

I was at Cunningham Pier this afternoon, and yes quite a few fish were caught, and a few undersize fish went into the buckets.

gregmaka

Post by gregmaka » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:54 am

My father told one guy,that this fish looks a little bit too small,and he replied no no no size limit on this one.I was A trevelly.Fisheries would have a field day there.Ive been to piers where fisheries have come,and it looks like the swat team,with 10-15 fisheries personell,and nowone is allowed to move till they inspect everything.Some one should give them a call,while the fish are on the bite.

moeee

Post by moeee » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:16 am

gregmaka wrote:Some one should give them a call,while the fish are on the bite.
Good idea.
You seem to have a good grasp of the situation.
What's holding you back?

jb2020

Post by jb2020 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:39 pm

they were most likely catching snotty trevalla (or warehou) not silver trevally and there is no min size limit for them - they are generally smaller size during the summer run.
gregmaka wrote:My father told one guy,that this fish looks a little bit too small,and he replied no no no size limit on this one.I was A trevelly.Fisheries would have a field day there.Ive been to piers where fisheries have come,and it looks like the swat team,with 10-15 fisheries personell,and nowone is allowed to move till they inspect everything.Some one should give them a call,while the fish are on the bite.

gregmaka

Post by gregmaka » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:38 am

Yes,the small fish were Snotty Trevally,no size limit and 20 bag limit.

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:07 am

That's what sucks about fishing, is not letting everyone have a go at catching something. I've been to Piers out south where you already feel the vibe like "what is this bloke doing here" etc. Had it been me at that pier, i would've thrown his bucket back in called the fisheries haha

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”