Snapper on the chew!!!!!

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Snapper on the chew!!!!!

Post by bowl » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 pm

purple5ive wrote:Thanks phil for another cracker outing. Was certainly a bit lumpy out there.

All fish suprisingly came on the outfits i had out. I can certainly say the elcheapo combos have passed with flying colours. If anything a bit more backbone for the bigger fishes would be good. But i never felt undergunned on these fish at any stage... after the first 2 fish i told phil to grab my rod if it goes off again (only fair the skipper gets some fish too) sure enough 20mins later my rod goes off again and phil was right next to it.
Fairly certain all 3 came on the same rod. But since they all look the same i now dont know which rod is the kucky one hahaha..
Im wrecked now and need some sleep but im on babysitting duty now. Hopefully i dont fall asleep on the job.
When ya get x of same outfit ,you canput a number on rod or rod holder m when rods go off you can tell ur decky ,rod 2or 4 is on ..

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Cheers guys.
Bowl thats a good idea...

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Nice fish guys well done :a_goodjob:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:22 pm

The season is slow water temp low i cant wait for when i start getting 3 way buckles now thats fun last year was 4 5 way buckles or 2 way bring on those days

Persistence
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Persistence » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:49 am

Awesome. Can you tell me what the water temp was and how deep you guys are fishing?

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:41 am

15. 8 mate 10m deep

Persistence
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Persistence » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Cheers. I'm still trying to workout the area as I fished northern PPB for the last 20yrs but have moved and Werribee is now my ramp.
Much appreciated.

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:35 am

If ur werribe way mate thats my nek of the woods try werribe 15m mate. My mate got some last night to 4 kg or go point wilson thats were i been getting most of my fish

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:39 pm

bowl wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Thanks phil for another cracker outing. Was certainly a bit lumpy out there.

All fish suprisingly came on the outfits i had out. I can certainly say the elcheapo combos have passed with flying colours. If anything a bit more backbone for the bigger fishes would be good. But i never felt undergunned on these fish at any stage... after the first 2 fish i told phil to grab my rod if it goes off again (only fair the skipper gets some fish too) sure enough 20mins later my rod goes off again and phil was right next to it.
Fairly certain all 3 came on the same rod. But since they all look the same i now dont know which rod is the kucky one hahaha..
Im wrecked now and need some sleep but im on babysitting duty now. Hopefully i dont fall asleep on the job.
When ya get x of same outfit ,you canput a number on rod or rod holder m when rods go off you can tell ur decky ,rod 2or 4 is on ..
Thats y i have 3 different rods with slightly different rating so ppl can say white rod or black rod etc.

But dont know what steve going to with 3 identical rods

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:22 pm

smile0784 wrote:
bowl wrote:

Thats y i have 3 different rods with slightly different rating so ppl can say white rod or black rod etc.

But dont know what steve going to with 3 identical rods
If purples was not such a tightarse :tongue: he could of put 3 different colors of braid on his reel..

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”