Twenty Nine Mile Road Jetty-Point Wilson

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Re: Twenty Nine Mile Road Jetty-Point Wilson

Post by KeenAds » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:34 am

Its of limits to the public. I have fished that area for the last 25 years and have never seen any ships or boats moored there so no idea why its off limits. The only thing that has changed is the exclusion zone was increased to 300m, go figure.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Fishbref wrote:It's still being used; there is an enforced exclusion zone of 300m around the pier. Rumour has it that some quite large slimy trevally congregate there in July/December...
I saw a youtube video of guys catching kingies trolling along that pier...
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Does look like a great place to fish.
If only...

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:14 pm

I live in the area and have fished around here most of my life, the only boat I have seen here in the last 20 years was the Geelong Star 2 years ago.
The exclusion zone is monitored by security who will pass your boat rego onto police if you dont heed their warning and move on.
P.S. They patrol down the pier at 4 hour intervals ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:54 pm

I guess if some ordinance has gone over the side at some stage and someone where to drop an anchor on it there may be an issue maybe?

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:42 pm

hornet wrote:
Fishbref wrote:It's still being used; there is an enforced exclusion zone of 300m around the pier. Rumour has it that some quite large slimy trevally congregate there in July/December...
I saw a youtube video of guys catching kingies trolling along that pier...
Interesting... I reckon Alcoa also looks like a goer for kingies.

Matthew drako
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Matthew drako » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:18 pm

If you could fish that pier the potential would be endless. There’d be plenty whiting, good spots for squid below the pier if you have a look at google maps, big snapper at the end and quite good numbers of them, plenty reefs for pinkies and the rare slimy trevelly which I heard hang around the pier in the warm months, possibly a kingie, silver tee ally and bream around the pylons and your common fish like flatties. Only one can dream of a pier of that much potential.

j_pap

Post by j_pap » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Matthew drako wrote:If you could fish that pier the potential would be endless. There’d be plenty whiting, good spots for squid below the pier if you have a look at google maps, big snapper at the end and quite good numbers of them, plenty reefs for pinkies and the rare slimy trevelly which I heard hang around the pier in the warm months, possibly a kingie, silver tee ally and bream around the pylons and your common fish like flatties. Only one can dream of a pier of that much potential.

Maybe you could kayak there at night, under the radar :water:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Matthew drako wrote:If you could fish that pier the potential would be endless. There’d be plenty whiting, good spots for squid below the pier if you have a look at google maps, big snapper at the end and quite good numbers of them, plenty reefs for pinkies and the rare slimy trevelly which I heard hang around the pier in the warm months, possibly a kingie, silver tee ally and bream around the pylons and your common fish like flatties. Only one can dream of a pier of that much potential.
http://www.southgippsland.vic.gov.au/ho ... on_project
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Al03

Post by Al03 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:04 am

Used to sneak in there in my 12 foot tinny many moons ago. Got some good results near the pylons. Got busted one day by armed security and was given a warning. Thing is, if they did open this pier to the public, the same thing that happened at Point Cook pier would probably happen.

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”