Clifton springs report

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Clifton springs report

Post by cobby » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Bled, gutted and straight on ice they're ok, better than a 7 gill anyway. They spawn over the mud/sand as that's where they lay those yellow egg capsules. You'll always get a handful hang around or sporadically come inshore other than the main autumn spawn. Just a hunt for food thing. I know of 1 caught inside lakes, a few around corner inlet and shallow inlet, the barwon and even inside Portland harbour

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:32 pm

cobby wrote:Bled, gutted and straight on ice they're ok, better than a 7 gill anyway. They spawn over the mud/sand as that's where they lay those yellow egg capsules. You'll always get a handful hang around or sporadically come inshore other than the main autumn spawn. Just a hunt for food thing. I know of 1 caught inside lakes, a few around corner inlet and shallow inlet, the barwon and even inside Portland harbour
Ah ok nice cheers I knew Barwon has em an wp corner inlet and welshpool I've got em in Wp and one off at leonards years ago

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Nice one

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Thanks

Hectic habbib

Post by Hectic habbib » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:37 am

good report, also for snapper give portarlington a shot

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”