Very quiet

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Very quiet

Post by Kimtown » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:29 am

bluewater81 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:Should start picking up very soon mate.
At least you still got something.
Good luck on Saturday! :thumbsup:

Thanks Lightingx. Only new to VIC, have a 7m glass centre console and love my offshore fishing. Want to get to Mallacoota for Swords, Lakes Entrance and Bermagui for Marlin and Portland for Blue Eye. Will be looking for deckhands/company who wants to do this trips in future.

Looking forward to it heating up soon, been a long and windy winter! Best of luck
Wouldn't say no to jumping at that experience

Vargs

Post by Vargs » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Mattblack wrote:My magical fishing App only rated yesterday as 10% fishing efficiency....good news is it rates Saturday at 82% (also no wind)

What app do you use for that

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Vargs wrote:
Mattblack wrote:My magical fishing App only rated yesterday as 10% fishing efficiency....good news is it rates Saturday at 82% (also no wind)

What app do you use for that
Works well on flathead..
IMG_E2579.JPG
IMG_E2579.JPG (13.17 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Most of these apps are looking at the lunar calendar and tide times.
If it's any consequence I had an absolute cracker bream fishing yesterday morning.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

KgWhiting

Post by KgWhiting » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:08 pm

bluewater81 wrote:Went out yesterday from 9-3, fished Clifton Springs up to Point Richards. Seems very quiet, maybe due to recent weather for the last month? Only got 3 squid and one flatty. Talked to quite a few others who came back with zero. Any ideas as to why so quiet? Usually get 20 squid in an hour and flatties are everywhere. Nobody caught any whiting either from what I heard. Anyway will give it today for the stirry water to settle down and head offshore Saturday, hopefully the squid are back so I have some fresh bait.
Been heaps of squid offshore on the reefs so u should have no trouble getting a few while your offshore there calamari to

bluewater81
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bluewater81 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:43 pm

KgWhiting wrote:
bluewater81 wrote:Went out yesterday from 9-3, fished Clifton Springs up to Point Richards. Seems very quiet, maybe due to recent weather for the last month? Only got 3 squid and one flatty. Talked to quite a few others who came back with zero. Any ideas as to why so quiet? Usually get 20 squid in an hour and flatties are everywhere. Nobody caught any whiting either from what I heard. Anyway will give it today for the stirry water to settle down and head offshore Saturday, hopefully the squid are back so I have some fresh bait.
Been heaps of squid offshore on the reefs so u should have no trouble getting a few while your offshore there calamari to

Thanks mate appreciate the heads up

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Was propably good to give boat a run

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”