Bellarine land based report

CptRk

Bellarine land based report

Post by CptRk » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:21 pm

The last week has seen the beaches and Barwon estuary super productive with, Solid Aussie Salmon plus schools of Taylor and Mullet smashing the plastics.

The beaches are fishing best at the peak/turn of the high tide with most Salmon under the 40cm mark, the smaller swell has cleared up the water and also made walking along the beach flicking plastics a little more relaxing.

The Barwon Estuary has been consistently producing throughout the day with less water moving due to the smaller variation in tides this week. The Big Salmon are hanging about the entrance to the river when the water is nice and clear, all fish the last two days I've seen were over 40cm with a 47cm Aussie Salmon pushing my 2 pound braid and leader on an sienna egg beater to its limit (maybe the most fun I've ever had!). The Taylor are hanging about in the dirty run out sending crew home with a good feed but less a pack of plastics! (Their chompers slice through the plastics like hot butter).

I've heard some rumours a few Jewies have been taken in daylight hours on plastics up the sheepwash (could be Crew mixing up school Jewies with the big Taylor that are in the system).

Plastics of choice have been the ever reliable Z-Man grubs and Keitech easy shiners.

Let's hope the good run continues.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Bellarine land based report

Post by Nude up » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Great report cheers

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 pm

Nice report mate.
I too had a similar experience with a big sambo not that long ago on light gear. Was awesome while I had him on stripping plenty of line, but unfortunately for me I lost him at the end. Had a glimpse of him and was a beauty.
Thanks for the update. Cheers

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:50 am

Good report mate

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:59 am

:cheers: ripper report

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am

Good report ! I've been meaning to get my butt off the couch and visit the west coast but this cold weather and winds has really got to me this year.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Hectic habbib

Post by Hectic habbib » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:44 am

cheers boss

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”