Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Bellarine Peninsula

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:20 pm

mcmonier wrote:
Lightningx wrote:Nice catch and good luck with the gummies tonight! :thumbsup:
Cheers! hopefully the stingrays and bloody sea lice arnt too much of a problem!!

does anyone know what the first fish we caught is??
Looks like a yellowtail scad/yakka to me mate.

mcmonier

Post by mcmonier » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:23 pm

johnnycjay wrote:Yellow tail scad.

ok eating. Superb kingfish bait.
Thanks!

We thought it was a scad, although it was alot bigger than ones we've caught before, so wasnt sure.

johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Post by johnnycjay » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:58 pm

100% a scad. I've seen them that big before. Try deep frying they taste ok.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:48 am

mcmonier wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:27 pm
Got down to st Leonard's late in the afternoon.

my friend brought his rig in, and went to grab a lure....which were all at home...

My mate desperately ran to his van in search of a metal, while I tried to make a bait rig look like a plastic of some description.

My friend lost a fish after it wrapped around the bucket, and I scored one whipping my bait lure thru the school.

Bait lure.PNG

Mcmonier, that "Bait Lure" is pure resourcefulness and brilliance. I am impressed, most would have conceded and , , , , then not caught.
Nice catch too. Well done :tu:

Cheers, Bugatti

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:55 am

Bugatti wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:48 am
mcmonier wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:27 pm
Got down to st Leonard's late in the afternoon.

my friend brought his rig in, and went to grab a lure....which were all at home...

My mate desperately ran to his van in search of a metal, while I tried to make a bait rig look like a plastic of some description.

My friend lost a fish after it wrapped around the bucket, and I scored one whipping my bait lure thru the school.

Bait lure.PNG

Mcmonier, that "Bait Lure" is pure resourcefulness and brilliance. I am impressed, most would have conceded and , , , , then not caught.
Nice catch too. Well done :tu:

Cheers, Bugatti
Lol Buggs you do realize that this thread is over a year old? Get with the times man :rf:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Kenle wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:55 am

Lol Buggs you do realize that this thread is over a year old? Get with the times man :rf:

Yeah, of course I know the thread is over a year old, Silly , , , , I was the one that dug it up :-D

"Get with the times man", I thought I was with the times, not sure if you are, did you have snooze ;-)

Let me fill you in:

*Sorting of the Site
*Snapperhead was made a Mod
*Some members scratching there heads
*Too much swearing, bad comments
*Kimtown, 4litres & Purple5teve Hollies for a week
*More scratching of heads
*Few words bantered
*All settled
*re-tyred was made a Mod too

And I think we are up to speed

I saw mcmonier was online last night, checked out his work and was impressed with the young bloke. Especially with his improvisation of making a lure from scratch with bait since he left his lures at home. So I thought I'd share as other members might find it interesting and helpful. Plus mcmonier hasn't posted since Jan 2018, so I though with these times they are a chang'n, replying to his post, might encourage him to start posting again.

Bait lure.PNG

So it is quite fortuitous of you to have made that comment "Get with the times man" , , , , you might need to wind your watch forward from "self ingratiating comments at someone's expense" , , , , to , , , , " constructive posting"

Tomorrow I can help you with "multi-quoting" :tu:

Till then,
Your Buddy Bugatti :-D

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:22 pm
Kenle wrote:

Yeah, of course I know the thread is over a year old, Silly , , , , I was the one that dug it up :-D

"Get with the times man", I thought I was with the times, not sure if you are, did you have snooze ;-)

Let me fill you in:

*Sorting of the Site
*Snapperhead was made a Mod
*Some members scratching there heads
*Too much swearing, bad comments
*Kimtown, 4litres & Purple5teve Hollies for a week
*More scratching of heads
*Few words bantered
*All settled
*re-tyred was made a Mod too

And I think we are up to speed

I saw mcmonier was online last night, checked out his work and was impressed with the young bloke. Especially with his improvisation of making a lure from scratch with bait since he left his lures at home. So I thought I'd share as other members might find it interesting and helpful. Plus mcmonier hasn't posted since Jan 2018, so I though with these times they are a chang'n, replying to his post, might encourage him to start posting again.

Bait lure.PNG

So it is quite fortuitous of you to have made that comment "Get with the times man" , , , , you might need to wind your watch forward from "self ingratiating comments at someone's expense" , , , , to , , , , " constructive posting"

Tomorrow I can help you with "multi-quoting" :tu:

Till then,
Your Buddy Bugatti :-D
I think he was joking mate.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:14 pm

I thought he was joking as well . I don’t think he needed a lecture of your achievements I am surprised you didn’t put up some stupid pictures and comments as well.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:05 pm

John Dory wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:43 pm
Kenle wrote:
I think he was joking mate.
Nude up wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:14 pm
I thought he was joking as well . I don’t think he needed a lecture of your achievements I am surprised you didn’t put up some stupid pictures and comments as well.

If Kenle, was joking, then I give you Kenle my sincerest apology

With some of the "joking" that happens it's fine. Add in some other "joking" that happens with the snide remarks as an underlying "having a serious go" at a guy. And some joking that is clandestinely "poking the bear". And so forth. Some make comments that are outright derogatory BUT THEN use the "I was joking" defence

Like I said, if Kenle was only joking, then yes, I do apologise, so sorry, if you were.

I just can't tell anymore with the haze of all of the above. And to haze it up even more with the pro-joke and anti-joke factions/campaigning.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:05 pm

With some of the "joking" that happens it's fine. Add in some other "joking" that happens with the snide remarks as an underlying "having a serious go" at a guy. And some joking that is clandestinely "poking the bear". And so forth. Some make comments that are outright derogatory BUT THEN use the "I was joking" defence

I just can't tell anymore with the haze of all of the above. And to haze it up even more with the pro-joke and anti-joke factions/campaigning.
Welcome to Fishvic uncle Bill..

I must say though that baited lure jighead is a work of art. Props for trying outside the box!!!

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”