Warrnambool landbased.

DR.SPESH

Warrnambool landbased.

Post by DR.SPESH » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:17 am

Taking the fam for a week the week after school holidays. Staying at the big4 on the Hopkins. Been awhile since I fished the area. Any tips on landbased with wheelchair access or short walk to water would be much appreciated. Also I havnt booked yet so any other accomodation ideas would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

snorkly

Re: Warrnambool landbased.

Post by snorkly » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:20 am

There would be absolutely heaps of accommodation to choose from, not the busiest time of year. Stayed in few different places but it all depends on your needs and expectations. break wall would be very good for land based angling, also there is quite a few option along the Hopkins. Those new platforms on the river are not bad and if I'm not wrong they would be accessible with wheelchair. Also you can of course get a idea from local tackle stores too. Have a safe and fishfull holiday.

coln72

Post by coln72 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:24 am

Another caravan park to consider is the Discovery Caravan Park on Pertobe Rd
https://www.big4.com.au/caravan-parks/v ... arrnambool.

Good facilities, and very close to the Lake Pertobe play ground/park if you have kids. A couple of minutes drive and there is a park area on the Merri River, which has easy access to the river and the park is less than 5 minutes drive to the Breakwater.

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:32 pm

lt is a bit further on but at Port Fairy the Moyne river has a lot of easy access if my memory has got it right and plenty of different species to catch there

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:20 pm

Thanks all. Heaps of options by the sounds of things. Even more confused.

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:57 pm

At Big 4 there are some Jetties to fish from, not sure about wheel chair access though. closer to town there's floating pontoon near the cemetery pretty sure its wheelchair accessible here and u can park your car almost where you're fishing. Lake Pertobe usually gets holiday trout stockings but u need to check whether it was stocked these holidays. The breakwall on the sheltered side would also be accessible by wheel chair.

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:28 am

piscateur wrote:At Big 4 there are some Jetties to fish from, not sure about wheel chair access though. closer to town there's floating pontoon near the cemetery pretty sure its wheelchair accessible here and u can park your car almost where you're fishing. Lake Pertobe usually gets holiday trout stockings but u need to check whether it was stocked these holidays. The breakwall on the sheltered side would also be accessible by wheel chair.
Thanks pal, yeah we've booked at the big 4. I'm thinking about targeting a mulloway at night when everyone's sleeping, am I any chance this time of year?

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:11 pm

I haven't targeted Mulloway in that system but this is the time of year for it.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks pal, yeah we've booked at the big 4. I'm thinking about targeting a mulloway at night when everyone's sleeping, am I any chance this time of year?
Of course it is ! more time with your line in the means more chance of a fish, I would check out the local tackle store and pump him for info on bait and rig for that river. I've only fished for bream there not mulloway.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:44 pm

We'll been out fishing 4 times since being here and having had a nibble! Tried 3 dif locations and squid, local sandworm, gulp sandworm, fresh prawns, pilchard and spider crab for f$cking nothing. Never fished at a place that's so dead. Yes the bad weather ain't helping but to not even get a touch? F$ckn c'mon. Can't wait to get home and catch some trout 2 minutes from home. Got 2 more days to try and see a whale but the fishing can get f$cked here.

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”