Warrnambool landbased.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Warrnambool landbased.

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:58 pm

DR.SPESH wrote:We'll been out fishing 4 times since being here and having had a nibble! Tried 3 dif locations and squid, local sandworm, gulp sandworm, fresh prawns, pilchard and spider crab for f$cking nothing. Never fished at a place that's so dead. Yes the bad weather ain't helping but to not even get a touch? F$ckn c'mon. Can't wait to get home and catch some trout 2 minutes from home. Got 2 more days to try and see a whale but the fishing can get f$cked here.
Far out! That would **** me off too :down:

mcbain

Post by mcbain » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:51 pm

I lived at the bool for about 5 years i always got bream in the hopkins up near the uni.
And the breakwater itself was good even got a few crays on pilchard one day and saw the odd shark cruising past as well

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:59 am

Pulled stumps early. Missus not in good way. The drive home was interesting to say the least.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:25 am

So no fish at all during that time mate?

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Lightningx wrote:So no fish at all during that time mate?
Not a bite. I would say I spent 20 hours fishing all up. Tried at night too but zilch return. I was told the fresh water pushes them down the system so I tried near the entrance and the break wall. Saw a guy land a 30kg piece of kelp.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:49 pm

DR.SPESH wrote:
Not a bite. I would say I spent 20 hours fishing all up. Tried at night too but zilch return. I was told the fresh water pushes them down the system so I tried near the entrance and the break wall. Saw a guy land a 30kg piece of kelp.
Wow that's terrible mate! I guess you won't be fishing there again anytime soon lol

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Lightningx wrote:
DR.SPESH wrote:
Wow that's terrible mate! I guess you won't be fishing there again anytime soon lol
When I fished there when I was a kid the fishing wasn't much better, it was pretty much just a holiday for the wife, it definetly wouldn't have been my 1st preference. I would have much preferred a trip to Tamboon inlet or Bemm river but yeah she ain't going too good so kept it a bit mainstream.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:43 pm

No worries mate. Back to catching some trout locally?

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”