Landbased Geelong.

tdpat

Landbased Geelong.

Post by tdpat » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:21 pm

Heading to geelong for a few days to have a fish landbased :-D . Looking for some advice on chasing some, well anything. Bringing the surf rods and river rods so willing to tackle anything. Any advice on where and what would be greatly appreciated. :water:

tdpat

Re: Landbased Geelong.

Post by tdpat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Well that was a let down. Fished limeburners for 1 toadie and a leatherjacket about 3cm long. Fished St Helens for 2 toadies. Fished cunningham pier for one toadie and a 15cm snapper.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 pm

Better off travelling a little further to either st Leonard's ,quenscliff ,portarlington pier
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:56 pm

The barwon river is an exceptional fishery.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

sarsi

Post by sarsi » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:32 pm

I remember my first few trips to Geelong were also fruitless but with perseverance and trying different baits, set up and timing, the rate has gone up to 50-50 for me.

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:33 pm

sarsi wrote:I remember my first few trips to Geelong were also fruitless but with perseverance and trying different baits, set up and timing, the rate has gone up to 50-50 for me.
Same for me, it's takes time to understand where to find what unless a local tells you, if you decide to go again give end of Yarra street a go and there's a little pier on the left hand side of Cunningham it's been good to me that's port Iv got a lot of whiting from there flathead, bream and squid also. If it was me I'd be going straite to at lenoards jetty ATM it's fishing pretty good at night, queenscliff harbour is good also but tricky to fish your timing needs to be good, so maybe just go to queenscliff pier you will get pinkies, trevally and squid at night.

tdpat

Post by tdpat » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Drove out to st leonards but the jetty was chockers, we waited about 40 min for a spot but gave up and headed back to geelong. St helens on the sunday night was standing room only. I had the 5 year old who cant always cast straight so i figured best to head somewhere with a bit more room. Still willing to have another go, great if you catch something, still pretty good if you don't.

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”