Portland Info Required

azkay

Portland Info Required

Post by azkay » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi Team,

Hoping to head up to Portland in the next couple of days. Never been up there before i thought i might see if any members had any tips for LB Fishing up there. The break wall seems massive, are there any parts of it that are more productive then others? & any surf beaches around for salmon/surf species that i could do some more research into?

Any assistance or leads would be appreciated :)
Az.

matt1991

Re: Portland Info Required

Post by matt1991 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Fished Portland break wall a couple of times with not much luck and have never seen anything decent been caught but maybe it was just at that time. However out in the boat is a different story altogether.

The seals do like to hang around there a lot as well as they get a free feed from everyone cleaning there fish near the boat ramp.

Best of luck tho mate, hopefully someone else can be of more help.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Matter of being at the right place at the right time. Anything is a chance from the breakwall mate. Gars, squid, salmon, snapper, gummies, jewies, kingies, sharks etc. A night sesh could be interesting!
Good luck!

fitzy90

Post by fitzy90 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Here is one of the best reports pages for that part of the world

https://www.facebook.com/SouthwestVictoriaFishingNews

I'm taking the boat up for a few weeks after Aus day so hopefully the fish are on!

HD57

Post by HD57 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:36 pm

Was in Portland Tues & Wed Az........No fishing but went for a look along the pier. A few fishing as well as a few fishing the breakwall. One fisho had a Jewie around 30lb and others had caught a few bream. There's also rock fishing in the area but be bloody careful if you attempt to fish from them as a 26 yr old was swept in a few days ago. Body recovered yesterday I think it was.

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”