Murray Cod Trip next weekend

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Johannes

Murray Cod Trip next weekend

Post by Johannes » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:05 pm

G'day fishos,

my name is Johannes, I am 31 years old from Germany. I have moved to Melbourne a month ago after travelling around Australia and catching many different kinds of fish (barra, tuna, sharks, rays, makerel, queenies, flathead, whiting, etc.. (-;) As I don't have a boat, I have always fished land based.

Beeing spoiled from fishing in nothern Australia, so far I haven't managed to catch a reasonable fish in Melbourne (only baby pinkies an flathead). Now, I have to save myself from thinking that fishing in Melbounre sucks ;-) That's why I am planning a 1-2 day Murray Cod trip next weekend.

I have never fished for Murray Cod before, so I would be happy to get some tips about where to go. I have got a car an I am ready to drive up to 300km from Melbourne. I plan to use both bait and lures but I prefer lures as it is more fun.

If anybody wants to join me on the trip, I would be happy. Just PN me.

Cheers and tight lines
Johannes

Rod Bender

Re: Murray Cod Trip next weekend

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Welcome to the site! Well it may not be next weekend but check out this trip planned for April if you are still around.

http://www.fishing-victoria.com/viewtop ... d+cod+trip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My cod spots suck!!! So I can't really help much!!! The Goulburn River around Nagambie may not be a bad option. Once you clear Melbourne it is around an hour and a half - even less. Someone here will hopefully be able to give you more details/spots.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:42 pm

johannes,I've sent you a pm but I don't know if there getting through, cheers davo.
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

fish99

Post by fish99 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Johannes wrote:G'day fishos,

my name is Johannes, I am 31 years old from Germany. I have moved to Melbourne a month ago after travelling around Australia and catching many different kinds of fish (barra, tuna, sharks, rays, makerel, queenies, flathead, whiting, etc.. (-;) As I don't have a boat, I have always fished land based.

Beeing spoiled from fishing in nothern Australia, so far I haven't managed to catch a reasonable fish in Melbourne (only baby pinkies an flathead). Now, I have to save myself from thinking that fishing in Melbounre sucks ;-) That's why I am planning a 1-2 day Murray Cod trip next weekend.

I have never fished for Murray Cod before, so I would be happy to get some tips about where to go. I have got a car an I am ready to drive up to 300km from Melbourne. I plan to use both bait and lures but I prefer lures as it is more fun.

If anybody wants to join me on the trip, I would be happy. Just PN me.
anywhere along the murray.shrimp bunched up on a pasternosta single hook rig or a nice big fat juicy bardi grub on a running sinker rig will do the job.if camping on the river, night time is your best option for the bigger fish.would love to join you but mainly concentrating on fishing port phillip snapper/ whiting at the moment.have a holiday house at bundalong at the junction of the murray and ovens river,if your still around come autumn when i find the better fishing for the natives are on i will gladly take you out.
Cheers and tight lines
Johannes

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks again Davo for taking me out on Saturday.

We managed to find some fish and I caught my first few cods!

Next time we get big ones ;-)

Cheers Johannes
Attachments
Murray Cod - small.jpg
Murray Cod - small.jpg (173.66 KiB) Viewed 361 times

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:45 pm

no worries Johannes, it was a pleasure, cheers davo. (pm sent)
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Dan01

Post by Dan01 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Well done johannes nice fish
Toxic spinnerbaits

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Well done jahannes thats a nice llooking fish :thumbsup: :thumbsup: good onya davek for getting him onto a few,thats the fisho spirit :clap: :clap:

B J Hassan

Post by B J Hassan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:36 pm

G'day Johannes its Brendan here ,
Had a great time fishing with you up Murchison east , with any luck we can get in the boat out the back of Nagambie next time and chase some 60cm plus cod. :fishing:

Return to “Australian Natives”