desperatly want to catch a murray cod.. helppp

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
netmaker

Re: desperatly want to catch a murray cod.. helppp

Post by netmaker » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:42 pm

alexcarrillo wrote:thanks guys, i tried around warrendyte and eltham a few times. warrendyte wasnt bad. really shellow where i was. and eltham, well thats a diffrent story, i spent all afternoon driving around the narrowest roads iv ever seen with massive drops and steep hills on either side of me. by the time i found a good looking spot it was taken :wall: didnt get a nibble at either spot on any occasion, i tried worms yabbies tazzie devils spiners stump jumpers. i guess ill just have to find a nice spot and fish it regularly :water:
Hi Alex,i'll second what Dan has said,the Goulburn is fishing well,if your keen to camp for a night or two,get onto Google earth and nut out these following spots,Duggan rd Undera,Trotter rd Coomboona.Theres a couple of really good spots in these places i have listed,best baits atm are Bardy grubs,live Yabbies & shrimps.If your chasing a cod & your using shrimp
i recommend you stack 8-12 shrimp hooked through the tail on a 4/0-5/0 hook.Cheer's Murph....
3p's will catch you fish,patients,perserverence,persistance....

rixter

Re: desperatly want to catch a murray cod.. helppp

Post by rixter » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Keep at it , so long as your fishing the right areas , you will eventualy get one ;).
Still a few fish i would love to catch over 25+ years of fishing, but never got to the right areas 'Yet' !, and those to mention are also a murry cod, a baramundi / on the top of my list.
Thinking of selling up soon and doing a big fishing trip around Australia, once i've done the rounds and found the best fishing area - that's where i will head back and settle down.
W.A still looking good to me , been a while since i was there , but the saltwater fishing was awesome .
Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Australian Natives”