Murry river cobrem HELP

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Timi200

Murry river cobrem HELP

Post by Timi200 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:45 pm

He all i need help, I'll be heading to the murry river cobrem and I really wanna catch a murry cod and a yella what baits will be good. Worms shrimp yabbies cheese grasshoppers?

And also what rig will be required cheers Tim

drew 2

Re: Murry river cobrem HELP

Post by drew 2 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Not sure about grasshoppers(never tried them) but all others will work. grubs if you can get them will also work,yellas favourite is the shrimp/worm cocktail.
I use a running sinker with about 2-3 ft of leader but a paternoster or running sinker to the hook is fine,they all work if the fish are around.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:54 pm

lve fished a number of times between cobram & yarrawonga and the water runs preety quick and alot skiers lm won of them l havent caught much in size along there l would prefer to fish the edwards or below the weir from gunbower onwards a good bend steep banks deep holes amongest the snags with little current running sinker the go l caught alot cod over the years the biggest 90lb try all baits

stormboy

Post by stormboy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Yep grubs and yabbies for the cod. Shrimp and worms for the yellas, but will also catch you cod. Simple rig of hook on the end of the line with the running sinker above it.

Cheers Nigel

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Running sinker rig and I love using worms as bait. You will catch anything on worms but if your just after cod then go a nice big yabbie>

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “Australian Natives”