Tank testing cod!

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Re: Tank testing cod!

Post by April Fool » Fri May 03, 2019 10:08 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:04 pm
Ok guys couple of queries.
Was the environment artificial apart from the tank? Same light every day, clear water catch my drift.

Secondly tank fish are still known to be more aggressive some says to others so I think the trout cod Murray cod observerations would need to be comparable same time same day over a number of days.
You sound like the scientists at my work! Unlike them, I leave my work at work and am happy to provide anecdoatal evidence based on a data set of 2!!! Especially when it comes to my hobby. An example...I have read your 'analysis' thread of Will's results....I read it with interest and take note, as in am happy to accept what you and others say. If I wanted to be pedantic, I could say it is pointless doing it as Will uses 2 or 3 different lures which then adds variation. But alas, I think we can accept any conclusions that are made for what we want...to help us catch more fish!!

RH...the only other thing I may get my mate to try is to expose the fish to some different colors. The cod is in a tackle store so I can't annoy the staff too much!
Cheers
Team Bender
Not a scientist...also not a fan of replication!

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:18 pm

April Fool wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:08 pm
rb85 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:04 pm
Ok guys couple of queries.
Was the environment artificial apart from the tank? Same light every day, clear water catch my drift.

Secondly tank fish are still known to be more aggressive some says to others so I think the trout cod Murray cod observerations would need to be comparable same time same day over a number of days.
You sound like the scientists at my work! Unlike them, I leave my work at work and am happy to provide anecdoatal evidence based on a data set of 2!!! Especially when it comes to my hobby. An example...I have read your 'analysis' thread of Will's results....I read it with interest and take note, as in am happy to accept what you and others say. If I wanted to be pedantic, I could say it is pointless doing it as Will uses 2 or 3 different lures which then adds variation. But alas, I think we can accept any conclusions that are made for what we want...to help us catch more fish!!

RH...the only other thing I may get my mate to try is to expose the fish to some different colors. The cod is in a tackle store so I can't annoy the staff too much!
Cheers
Team Bender
Not a scientist...also not a fan of replication!
I’m where do I start I’m not a scientist a fishing tragic yet I feel you missed my point.

In Truedogz diary I mentioned there were bits of info I was not aware of so could not draw a complete conclusion the whole exercise was done to see if there was anything we could learn discuss etc.

The tank observation I wasn’t trying to be dismissive of as it may have come across I was just suggesting it was by no means conclusive much like the thread on Boof diaries and fish ranger.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:27 pm

April fool was only asking the question to understand the environment etc was not aware it was a tackleshop tank fish was just wondering if it’s a changing environment. It is popular belief that fish will take different coloured lures depending on the day eg gold on overcast days etc

Return to “Australian Natives”