Goulburn river Nagambie, in search of green and gold

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Goulburn river Nagambie, in search of green and gold

Post by Sebb » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:41 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:49 pm
Good stuff seb
Thanks mate. The Albert Park trip was a warm up :-)

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:10 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:50 pm
Brownie wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:16 pm
Good one mate. Nice looking stretch of water.
You could say you caught 2 1/2 yellowbelly. :thumbsup:
hahaha I sure could.

The rod i caught that yellowbelly was intended for big cod, so it was overkill for that yellow belly. Though, it put a good fight.
Also had Gen Black 3-5 kg rod with Shimano Caenan and 20 lb line, would have been more fun but could snag me.
Still a good catch regardless mate. Was a win. To me it would be. Heated up where I am now, 30's plus for the next week. Was planning a couple of trips out too but its not looking great at the moment. I shore/bank fish. Went for a look at Cairn Curran a few days ago and was quickly turned off by the algae stink on the shoreline. Sickening. But spoke to a mate that out middle amongst the trees, near Picnick point, boat launch area, they were onto some good reddies in boats. A few Yellows too up to 5, 6lb.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:14 pm

Brownie wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:10 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:50 pm
Brownie wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:16 pm
Good one mate. Nice looking stretch of water.
You could say you caught 2 1/2 yellowbelly. :thumbsup:
hahaha I sure could.

The rod i caught that yellowbelly was intended for big cod, so it was overkill for that yellow belly. Though, it put a good fight.
Also had Gen Black 3-5 kg rod with Shimano Caenan and 20 lb line, would have been more fun but could snag me.
Still a good catch regardless mate. Was a win. To me it would be. Heated up where I am now, 30's plus for the next week. Was planning a couple of trips out too but its not looking great at the moment. I shore/bank fish. Went for a look at Cairn Curran a few days ago and was quickly turned off by the algae stink on the shoreline. Sickening. But spoke to a mate that out middle amongst the trees, near Picnick point, boat launch area, they were onto some good reddies in boats. A few Yellows too up to 5, 6lb.
Wow nice, I haven't been to cairn curran for a while. Yeah, kayak/boat gives better options.
I'm thinking to go out on Friday, but yeah the forecast says be 38 degrees in Melb. Probably will be 40 up north.

Return to “Australian Natives”