2019 Cod Trip - 22/23/24 March

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Bugatti

Re: 2019 Cod Trip - 22/23/24 March

Post by Bugatti » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:43 pm

April Fool wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:08 pm
That was fun! I spent the majority of today by the side of the Murray talking interesting sh!t to like minded people! Was good to meet new forum member JohnnyT as well as mingle with the seasoned vets.

Tex was outstanding in his commitment and landed one silver and a couple small trouties all whilst rotating his chair around a large tree chasing shade during the day. I left soon after 5 but by my calculations based on his orbital speed around the tree, he would have been in the river by anout 7!

The best incident I witnessed was when a request went out for assistance to rescue a...snagged lure. A boat with an individual was responded with lightning speed similar to what you would see on Bondi Rescue! Then things went pear shaped as the rescuer required rescuing! I am not that well versed with boating but from what I understand, one should check if the fuel tank is located in the boat rather than on the bank before pushing off.

I finished the day off with one small Trout cod. I could have done better but find when I am with this crowd it becomes more of a social event.
Cheers
Team Bender
Looking forward to the next trip!
Sounds like an awesome trip and an even more awesomer time. And I agree, it's all about the social occasion more than the fish.

You guys have your own Sundial too, very personalised and batteries not required , , , , cans, probably get the sundial started but I'd say the more cans the more inaccurate the time keeping :-D

texas sundial.PNG

Great to see a new member JohnnyT get start into it too, well done Johnny

:welcome2:

JohnnyT wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:35 pm
Hey guys,

I’m new here (first comment) love everything I’ve seen!
Really tossing up wether I cancel all work plans this weekend and come!!
Put me down as 50/50 would love to have a fish with you all!

Thanks

Edit: shuffled things around and I’ll be coming :super: will probably leave 2am Saturday morning and should be there by first light!

Cheers, Bugatti

kenzie101

Post by kenzie101 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:05 pm

davek wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 pm
kenzie101 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:00 pm
Fish to can ratio
Can to fish weight ratio Mark,
93B4005D-256B-4CC0-B2B8-880F64EC00FE.jpeg
97 cm cod, cheers davo
Bloody stonker that one. Equivalent to a slab.
Looks like a good trip was had.
Mark
:water: Lazy Fisher

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:00 pm

Home from another great cod trip with the usual suspects, Brett, Murlz, Milkman, Matari, Texas and myself with a day trip visit from April Fool. It was also a pleasure to meet Johnny T, a new member and a genuine young bloke with a passion for fishing. Johnny you are always welcome on any of our trips.. there were some nice fish caught of all sizes and I don’t think anyone missed out on landing one. My internet is playing up at the moment so no pics from me just yet but I’m sure the others will post some. Thanks again guys for an enjoyable trip, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:03 am

I arrived Thursday after a leisurely 4 hour drive.
Didn't fish that day, just set up camp and chatted.
That tree grew there for a purpose. When you fish "coiled spring" like bender and I do, the closer to the rods the better.
Caught 4 fish (2 trout cod and 2 silver perch) with only one fish ,a 34cm silver perch, of any size.
All fish were caught on worms, Uncle Dave's black yabbies did no good.
I appreciate Dave bringing them as one day a big cod is going to want "real food" and not cheese and biscuits.
Was great to meet JohnnyT and catch up with the regulars.
The only downside of the trip was that the Elmore bakery was out of Cornish pasties.
Cheers Gra
P.s. Fuel was constantly around $1.50 A litre (ulp).
At Heathcote and Redesdale it was $1.33, which seems normal.

matari
Has liked: 5 times

Post by matari » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:56 pm

hey guys! i headed up to the cod trip on thursday to meet my dad and others! we headed out for an afternoon fish on Murlz boat and picked up a heap of small trout cod and a couple decent size troutys. friday morning hayden murlz and i headed out for a troll went downstream and was trolling for around 30 minutes until bang murlz hooked upto a 60cm murray cod! team work makes the dreamwork! hayden steered the motor i netted the fish and murlz fought the fish lovely fish murlz! Went out for a afternoon bait fish and hooked up to a couple medium sized fish! my first decent sized fish came on cheese and was a 41cm murray cod!
cod baitfishing.jpg
. Moved spots and Murlz got a 48cm murray cod and myself a 35cm cod. got back to camp and met JohnnyT went for a flick with surface lures and didn't get a touch. in the morning we had seen the size of the fish dave had just caught and we were eager to get fishing! heading down to the creek in pitch black was a first! fished surface lures and boof! i was on we got him in and estimated around 60cm!
surface cod 2.jpg
. got back to camp and went for a troll Murlz hooked up to a cod and i hooked up to a yella! which was 41cm!
yella on the troll.jpg
he scoffed the oargee lure!
scoffed the lure.jpg
. Went for a surface flick at night and finished at 11:30pm! got nothing that session.
wonderful trip had by everyone and some slobs of fish caught!
Cheers Matari :thumbsup:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:29 pm

Absolutely Awesome Matari , , , , or should I say Marvellous Matari.

Great report, with some solid fish and some awesome adventures. You guys really did live the dream. Your smile says it all. Hope your Dad got his too. Hope your cans were coke :)

Cheers, Bugatti

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:52 pm

Great report Matari,
When your older, I'll teach you to catch "minnow" trout cod
Murlz and Milkman are great for taking Matari and JohnnyT out in their boats
Cheers Gra

matari
Has liked: 5 times

Post by matari » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Tex murlz and milkman are the lords! i had some great fun being the best deckie thanks to murlz!

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:40 pm

davek wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 pm
kenzie101 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:00 pm
Fish to can ratio
Can to fish weight ratio Mark,
93B4005D-256B-4CC0-B2B8-880F64EC00FE.jpeg
97 cm cod, cheers davo
Holy cod! That's a big fat cod!
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

muzza43
Has liked: 104 times

Post by muzza43 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:58 pm

Well done to all who contributed to the trip, a good variety among those caught. Cheers, muzza43.

Return to “Australian Natives”