Blue rock n bass tips

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Sinsemilla

Re: Blue rock n bass tips

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 am

mazman wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:The micro pompadours are an awesome little lure. I'd recommend changing the treble on them though. I've seen them snap easily. I put a size 10 owner treble which is a touch smaller and actually work better because it doesn't foul up on the metal wings.
I actually went n got a micro this morning! I have them in all the other sizes imo best surface lure I’ve used
They cast really well aye. I've also got a couple Tiemco soft shell cicadas that are good and some cheap knock offs of them as well that work just as good.

I reckon the Tiemco/Megabass siglets are a bit better for that twitch and pause type of retrieve than the Pompis
For me the pomps are great for working through an area with a louder action a bit like you would with a buzz bait but a bit slower. Tiemcos and duo's are great for casting into snags and wiggling. The sigletts are good for working small distances and pausing. Which one I tie on depends on what I want to do.
Spot on. My thoughts exactly.

How do you find the Duos for casting? I was having a look at them and thought they might be a bit hard to cast with the fixed wings and legs

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
mazman wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:The micro pompadours are an awesome little lure. I'd recommend changing the treble on them though. I've seen them snap easily. I put a size 10 owner treble which is a touch smaller and actually work better because it doesn't foul up on the metal wings.
I actually went n got a micro this morning! I have them in all the other sizes imo best surface lure I’ve used
They cast really well aye. I've also got a couple Tiemco soft shell cicadas that are good and some cheap knock offs of them as well that work just as good.

I reckon the Tiemco/Megabass siglets are a bit better for that twitch and pause type of retrieve than the Pompis
For me the pomps are great for working through an area with a louder action a bit like you would with a buzz bait but a bit slower. Tiemcos and duo's are great for casting into snags and wiggling. The sigletts are good for working small distances and pausing. Which one I tie on depends on what I want to do.
Spot on. My thoughts exactly.

How do you find the Duos for casting? I was having a look at them and thought they might be a bit hard to cast with the fixed wings and legs
I've only cast them on light gear so far where the weight has been enough to get them out easily, I have found theyre a little sensitive getting to walk on the retrieve but the little legs add a lot when you're shaking them in snags
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 pm

So after all my weeks spending on lures I gotta buy more??? Bigger ;)

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:24 pm

So small stick baits walk the dog type lures are a good start? I’ve got a handful of topwater baits I could use for bass.. got plenty of hard bodies (I assume they would take whatever Redfin will)

Am I right to stick em with a 1-2 kg rod n a 1000 or beef up with a 2-5 n 2500?

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Why not have both?

*La Bamba starts playing*

Nah in all seriousness.. The 1-2kg rod will cast the small lures better but the 2-5kg will be better for pulling bigger fish out of cover. All depends on how you want to fish

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:04 am

BIG GAV wrote:So small stick baits walk the dog type lures are a good start? I’ve got a handful of topwater baits I could use for bass.. got plenty of hard bodies (I assume they would take whatever Redfin will)

Am I right to stick em with a 1-2 kg rod n a 1000 or beef up with a 2-5 n 2500?
Yeah they will work or something like a bent minnow or tiemco deruzze.

With your hardbodies keep in mind if your fishing when it’s full sun you will want to get deep. Higher risk of loosing lures amongs structure.

I use a 1-2kg rod and 2-5 both work fine.

Return to “Australian Natives”