2018 Codference!

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Sinsemilla

Re: 2018 Codference!

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:55 pm

I didn't stay for the whole Codference but i made sure i stayed to hear Will talk.

Just want to say it was a pleasure listening and thank you for all your effort you have put in to our native fishery.

Cheers, Anth

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:21 am

The third conference has come and gone. To me the highlights were Carl Jocumsen's and Will's talk. Lubin's talk was pretty good too! Attendance yesterday was higher than previous years and I believe they may get a full house next year. Presentations this year were different with more emphasis on practical fishy stuff and less emphasis on data presentation.

After the event, some people decided to go and get rained on whilst trying to catch a fish but wise Bender went to the 'after party' at Trelly's. Here I managed to sign up as a member with Native Fish Australia. So...we wait for next years event.
Cheers
Team Bender
Waiting patiently for an invite to talk 'donuts' at next years event.

kenzie101

Post by kenzie101 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:34 am

Hey Jim, couldnt make it to the Codference but watched the talks online. Good stuff, very informative and knowledgeable.
Exciting times ahead for rec fishers.

Thanks to VFA.
Mark.
Mark
:water: Lazy Fisher

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Great event! Was good to stumble into a few forum members especially the ones I haven’t seen since coburg carp cull! Highlight for me should have been winning that Ian miller signed rod but since that didn’t happen I’ll settle for truedogz talk! Truly a great presentation mate

The free feed was also a treat!!

Afterwards I took my nephew back to the broken to try get him a surface BOOF but it didn’t happen... for him lmao I got 3

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:43 pm

I enjoyed the Codference
Our own truedogz was the best presenter
Followed by Carl Jocumsen
Didn't like Lubin Pfeiffer - too much emphasise on catching fish and not enough on enjoying yourself. I'd hate to fish with him.
Special mention to Matari for getting his head on the big screen during Robbie Alexander's presentation.
Good to catch up with Jim, Dave, Brett, Matari, Gavin and Uncle Col
Cheers Gra

Return to “Australian Natives”