Cod Trip 2018 - March 17th/18th

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Cod Trip 2018 - March 17th/18th

Post by Texas » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Arrived Wednesday afternoon and set up camp.
I bait fished all weekend using yabbies (Dave brought very aggressive yabbies, with one drawings blood, just before it pasted over), shrimp, worms, whitebait and even fat from a steak.
I hooked up about 10 times, for 3 small fish. The rest were structure.
To make matters worse there were teenagers fishing 3 metres away, constantly catching fish.
I did have one decent hit, but, it was Dave mucking around.
I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and am looking forward to next year.
Cheers Gra

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Millzee » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks for a good time fellas. We hope to catch up again one day but maybe not in the trout cod fishery, lol. My dad told me about a 127cm caught in the area we were just last week, always the way, "should have been there last week". Kaden and I had a great time but unfortunately didn't have any success on Sunday for the Pirtek except for those bloody trout cod. We decided to go to a "carpy" looking spot late in the afternoon to at least get an entry and my corn got smashed peeling line off the reel until the hook pulled and then Kaden caught a trouty on a hook full of corn on the drop. Kaden's chicken strip did get smashed by a big fella but it "reefed" him in the snags and got away, the rod buckled harder than I've seen it though. We cast lures, trolled and even bait fished but couldn't get a Murray cod all day Sunday so we pulled out at 6pm and headed to Echuca.
Today we had a slow day after putting in at denches boat ramp and scooting up to the Murray-Goulbourn junction where we again trolled, cast and baited for a 34, 40 and a 57cm cod.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:15 am

Millzee wrote:Thanks for a good time fellas. We hope to catch up again one day but maybe not in the trout cod fishery, lol. My dad told me about a 127cm caught in the area we were just last week, always the way, "should have been there last week". Kaden and I had a great time but unfortunately didn't have any success on Sunday for the Pirtek except for those bloody trout cod. We decided to go to a "carpy" looking spot late in the afternoon to at least get an entry and my corn got smashed peeling line off the reel until the hook pulled and then Kaden caught a trouty on a hook full of corn on the drop. Kaden's chicken strip did get smashed by a big fella but it "reefed" him in the snags and got away, the rod buckled harder than I've seen it though. We cast lures, trolled and even bait fished but couldn't get a Murray cod all day Sunday so we pulled out at 6pm and headed to Echuca.
Today we had a slow day after putting in at denches boat ramp and scooting up to the Murray-Goulbourn junction where we again trolled, cast and baited for a 34, 40 and a 57cm cod.
Good report

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:57 am

Millzee wrote:Thanks for a good time fellas. We hope to catch up again one day but maybe not in the trout cod fishery, lol. My dad told me about a 127cm caught in the area we were just last week, always the way, "should have been there last week". Kaden and I had a great time but unfortunately didn't have any success on Sunday for the Pirtek except for those bloody trout cod. We decided to go to a "carpy" looking spot late in the afternoon to at least get an entry and my corn got smashed peeling line off the reel until the hook pulled and then Kaden caught a trouty on a hook full of corn on the drop. Kaden's chicken strip did get smashed by a big fella but it "reefed" him in the snags and got away, the rod buckled harder than I've seen it though. We cast lures, trolled and even bait fished but couldn't get a Murray cod all day Sunday so we pulled out at 6pm and headed to Echuca.
Good to meet you and Kaden and glad you enjoyed it, hope to meet up with you again, cheers davo :a_goodjob:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:48 am

Nice reports and outcomes guys - good stuff

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:00 am

A few nice fish caught :thumbsup:

love the murray

Post by love the murray » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:19 pm

Texas wrote:At this stage, Barmah Pete & myself should be there Thursday
Might go the long way through Elmore, the bakery has Lambs fry & bacon pies
Cheers Gra
Uncle Dave -- Yabbies ???
Gday texas, just wondering about those lambs fry and bacon pies? Are they at the bakery or the cafe? I was fishing up that way myself, and thought wow! I'll call in for one. Unfortunately I couldn't find them on the menu. (I didn't know there was a cafe there until later)

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:21 pm

love the murray wrote:
Cheers Gra
Gday texas, just wondering about those lambs fry and bacon pies? Are they at the bakery or the cafe? I was fishing up that way myself, and thought wow! I'll call in for one. Unfortunately I couldn't find them on the menu. (I didn't know there was a cafe there until later)
Sorry mate, I went in there & said I have it on good authority that you sell lambs fry & bacon pies
They said "No we don't", may have been the bakery in Moama, if I can find out for sure, I'll pm you
Sorry, I was disappointed too
Gra

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:02 pm

another successful cod trip fellas. Looks like you get the best cod prize Dave youv'e still got Murlz covered.What happen to Drew2? The misses finally had the last say .Cheers gus

love the murray

Post by love the murray » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Texas wrote:
love the murray wrote:
Cheers Gra
Sorry mate, I went in there & said I have it on good authority that you sell lambs fry & bacon pies
They said "No we don't", may have been the bakery in Moama, if I can find out for sure, I'll pm you
Sorry, I was disappointed too
Gra

No worries, they sounded great. Glad you all had a great time away

Return to “Australian Natives”